TPF 2.0.15 vs Kerio 2.1.5

I've, in the past, used Tiny Personal Firewall 2.0.15... I know TPF
eventually became Kerio, and that Kerio 2.1.5 is recommended in some
circles. Is it actually any different from TPF 2.0.15?? Is there any
reason for me to switch from TPF to Kerio?? I'll be running my server
under Win 98SE.
3 answers Last reply
More about kerio

    Daniel Miller <dan@invalid.com> wrote in

    > I've, in the past, used Tiny Personal Firewall 2.0.15... I know TPF
    > eventually became Kerio, and that Kerio 2.1.5 is recommended in some
    > circles. Is it actually any different from TPF 2.0.15?? Is there any
    > reason for me to switch from TPF to Kerio?? I'll be running my server
    > under Win 98SE.

    I started with Tiny then switched to Kerio.

    Tiny had a incompatibility with SpeedDisk, the disk defragmenter in Norton
    SystemWorks that would cause SpeedDisk to stop 3 times during the defrag,
    waiting for some dialog box to continue. Quite annoying! This got fixed
    in Kerio.

    I was able to move the ruleset from Tiny to Kerio without trouble.

    --
    Clark G
    * take away the em's to reply

    >I've, in the past, used Tiny Personal Firewall 2.0.15... I know TPF
    >eventually became Kerio, and that Kerio 2.1.5 is recommended in some
    >circles. Is it actually any different from TPF 2.0.15?? Is there any
    >reason for me to switch from TPF to Kerio??

    Kerio 2.1.5 is not the same as Tiny 2.0.15. Yes, it is a good idea to use the
    latest (and last small footprint) version.

    >I'll be running my server under Win 98SE.

    I hope you aren't planning to run a public server in W98, for starters, and
    Kerio /personal/ firewall is really not suitable for a server.
    crash@gpick.com?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
    http://lists.gpick.com

    "\"Crash\" Dummy" <dvader@deathstar.mil> wrote in

    >>I've, in the past, used Tiny Personal Firewall 2.0.15... I know TPF
    >>eventually became Kerio, and that Kerio 2.1.5 is recommended in some
    >>circles. Is it actually any different from TPF 2.0.15?? Is there any
    >>reason for me to switch from TPF to Kerio??
    >
    > Kerio 2.1.5 is not the same as Tiny 2.0.15. Yes, it is a good idea to
    > use the latest (and last small footprint) version.
    >
    >>I'll be running my server under Win 98SE.
    >
    > I hope you aren't planning to run a public server in W98, for
    > starters, and Kerio /personal/ firewall is really not suitable for a
    > server.

    Cool!! Thanks, both of you, for your prompt advise... I'll go ahead and
    switch...

    --
    ---
    LOOK! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...no, it's a bird.

Firewalls Security Tiny Networking