The Grand Theft Autos

-Tommy Vercetti says he ain't got no sun tan. That's why he's still just as
young in Grand Theft Auto 3 as he is in Vice City.
-The Forelli brothers come back to life in the 3rd Grand Theft Auto, even
Sunny Forelli. But he just tries to run you down.

-The Swat Teams are quite soft. They only carry uzi's and there aren't too
many of them. Realistically they're equivilant and numerous like storm
troopers.

-I hear Tokyo 2010 will be the next Grand Theft Auto, and it would be like
Blade Runner.

That's all trivia for you.
14 answers Last reply
More about grand theft autos

    @ wrote:

    > -I hear Tokyo 2010 will be the next Grand Theft Auto, and it would be like
    > Blade Runner.

    Dass 'cos, about 6 months ago, I suggested that Tokyo set in the slight
    future would be a good idea. So I hereby claim credit for this rumour.
    Rockstar - just send all future royalties for GTA Tokyo straight to one
    of my offshore accounts.
    =)

    "@" wrote in message news:08ume.17733$HI.12228@edtnps84...
    > -Tommy Vercetti says he ain't got no sun tan. That's why he's still just
    > as young in Grand Theft Auto 3 as he is in Vice City.

    By that I mean "Liberty City" not San Andreas. Tommy Vercetti's in Liberty
    City.

    > -The Forelli brothers come back to life in the 3rd Grand Theft Auto, even
    > Sunny Forelli. But he just tries to run you down.
    >
    > -The Swat Teams are quite soft. They only carry uzi's and there aren't
    > too many of them. Realistically they're equivilant and numerous like
    > storm troopers.
    >
    > -I hear Tokyo 2010 will be the next Grand Theft Auto, and it would be
    > like Blade Runner.
    >
    > That's all trivia for you.

    > By that I mean "Liberty City" not San Andreas. Tommy Vercetti's in
    Liberty
    > City.

    Where? I'm just in the middle of GTA III.

    "Class 1" <Class1@fastmail.fm> wrote in message

    > @ wrote:
    >

    >> -I hear Tokyo 2010 will be the next Grand Theft Auto, and it would be
    >> like
    >> Blade Runner.
    >>

    > Dass 'cos, about 6 months ago, I suggested that Tokyo set in the slight
    > future would be a good idea. So I hereby claim credit for this rumour.
    > Rockstar - just send all future royalties for GTA Tokyo straight to one
    > of my offshore accounts.
    > =)

    Dass 'cos??? So are you Irish or from the North West of England?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    You play as Tommy Vercetti in GTA 3

    "G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote in message
    >> By that I mean "Liberty City" not San Andreas. Tommy Vercetti's in
    > Liberty
    >> City.
    >
    > Where? I'm just in the middle of GTA III.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    @ wrote:
    > You play as Tommy Vercetti in GTA 3
    >
    >>> By that I mean "Liberty City" not San Andreas. Tommy Vercetti's in
    >>> Liberty City.

    Wrong, wrong , wrong, wrong, wrong.......just brimming over in
    wrongability..........

    In GTA3 you play as Claude Speed (IIRC)......though at the time of its
    release the hero of GTA3 didnt have a name.......people used to refer to him
    as Fido.......as this is what Maria jokingly called him.......

    Tommy was in GTAVC........and that game only...........

    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    ....why, other guards, of course!
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote in message
    >> By that I mean "Liberty City" not San Andreas. Tommy Vercetti's in
    > Liberty
    >> City.
    >
    > Where? I'm just in the middle of GTA III.

    There's no Tommy Vercetti in Liberty City. I wonder what happened to him
    after 1986 anyway?
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <429c33c1$1@nntp.onyx.net>
    "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com> wrote:

    > > Where? I'm just in the middle of GTA III.
    >
    > There's no Tommy Vercetti in Liberty City. I wonder what happened to him
    > after 1986 anyway?

    It's an interesting point that the Forelli's are still around in 200X
    for GTAIII after taking a whoopin' from Tommy in 1986.

    I'm near certain that the next installment will re-acquaint us with Mr.
    Vercetti.

    According to an interview with Ray Liotta, the whole VC experience was
    some of the most enjoyable work he's ever done. Nobody does crazy
    better than Ray Liotta, just have a look at that 5% Heineken advert.
    "...it makes us kind of upset". I'd start shivering in terror if he
    said that to me.....

    Cheers,
    Rob
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > In message <429c33c1$1@nntp.onyx.net>
    > "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com> wrote:
    >
    >> > Where? I'm just in the middle of GTA III.
    >>
    >> There's no Tommy Vercetti in Liberty City. I wonder what happened to him
    >> after 1986 anyway?
    >
    > It's an interesting point that the Forelli's are still around in 200X
    > for GTAIII after taking a whoopin' from Tommy in 1986.
    >
    > I'm near certain that the next installment will re-acquaint us with Mr.
    > Vercetti.
    >
    > According to an interview with Ray Liotta, the whole VC experience was
    > some of the most enjoyable work he's ever done. Nobody does crazy
    > better than Ray Liotta, just have a look at that 5% Heineken advert.
    > "...it makes us kind of upset". I'd start shivering in terror if he
    > said that to me.....
    >

    > Cheers,
    > Rob
    > --
    > .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.

    I totally agree about Ray Liotta, he made a superb Tommy Vercetti.

    How come you are so sure that the next game will include Vercetti again?

    Cheers

    Chris
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <429eedb2$1@nntp.onyx.net>
    "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com> wrote:

    > How come you are so sure that the next game will include Vercetti again?

    I just thought it seems logical; In San Andreas we were re-introduced
    to Kent Paul, Ken Rosenburg, Salvatore Leone, Claude (Who we now know
    is the GTAIII character and Catalina.
    Tommy is a lot of people's favourite character, and I think it would
    give R* a chance to really do a fill-in-the-blanks behind the scenes
    kind of GTA installment.

    What I'd REALLY like to see is a GTA with multiple lead characters, but
    keeping in mould with the GTA series. San Andreas did have a few
    elements of an RPG, but it still had the pick-up-and-play-bility(tm) of
    previous titles.

    Personally, I'd also like to see a bit of history of Maccer too. IMHO
    he's one of the funniest characters in SA.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > You obviously haven't seen the advert then?

    Naw - I spend all day editing video - the last thing I want to do is watch
    more of the same.

    I take it there's a new Heineken advert?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    @ wrote in news:SbHme.25140$9A2.9691@edtnps89:

    > "@" wrote in message news:08ume.17733$HI.12228@edtnps84...
    > > -Tommy Vercetti says he ain't got no sun tan. That's why he's
    > > still just as young in Grand Theft Auto 3 as he is in Vice City.
    >
    > By that I mean "Liberty City" not San Andreas. Tommy Vercetti's in
    > Liberty City.
    >
    > > -The Forelli brothers come back to life in the 3rd Grand Theft
    > > Auto, even Sunny Forelli. But he just tries to run you down.
    > >
    > > -The Swat Teams are quite soft. They only carry uzi's and there
    > > aren't too many of them. Realistically they're equivilant and
    > > numerous like storm troopers.
    > >
    > > -I hear Tokyo 2010 will be the next Grand Theft Auto, and it would
    > > be like Blade Runner.
    > >
    > > That's all trivia for you.

    I want! :)
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "JPM III" <jpmccord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >@ wrote in news:SbHme.25140$9A2.9691@edtnps89:
    >>
    >> "@" wrote in message news:08ume.17733$HI.12228@edtnps84...
    >> > -Tommy Vercetti says he ain't got no sun tan. That's why he's
    >> > still just as young in Grand Theft Auto 3 as he is in Vice City.
    >>
    >> By that I mean "Liberty City" not San Andreas. Tommy Vercetti's in
    >> Liberty City.
    >>
    >> > -The Forelli brothers come back to life in the 3rd Grand Theft
    >> > Auto, even Sunny Forelli. But he just tries to run you down.
    >> >
    >> > -The Swat Teams are quite soft. They only carry uzi's and there
    >> > aren't too many of them. Realistically they're equivilant and
    >> > numerous like storm troopers.
    >> >
    >> > -I hear Tokyo 2010 will be the next Grand Theft Auto, and it would
    >> > be like Blade Runner.
    >> >
    >> > That's all trivia for you.
    >
    > I want! :)
    I think the Tokyo rumour started long before SA came out, so it might not be
    true, at least not for a while.

    The SWAT teams are rubbish. Their tactics are a tad unrealistic - it's a
    slightly inexperienced SWAT team that would descend slowly from ropes
    attached to a helicopter directly in front of the heavily-armed lunatic that
    they've been sent to arrest. And I know, because I've got SWAT3 and SWAT4,
    so I must be an expert.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com> wrote in message

    > The SWAT teams are rubbish. Their tactics are a tad unrealistic - it's a
    > slightly inexperienced SWAT team that would descend slowly from ropes
    > attached to a helicopter directly in front of the heavily-armed lunatic
    that
    > they've been sent to arrest. And I know, because I've got SWAT3 and SWAT4,
    > so I must be an expert.

    Even a non-expert knows it's unrealistic, because they're not all saying
    "Hut Hut Hut" as they abseil* down the ropes.

    * Rappel, for our American cousins...

Games Video Games