arctic silver (Which one?!)

I have Arctic Alumina premium ceramic polysynethic thermal compound.
And a smaller tube of arctic silver 5 high density polysynethetic
silver thermal compound.

Wha's the difference? are they applied differently?

cpu is amd athlon xp 3000+

In article <1113799320.764831.102210@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
<jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>I have Arctic Alumina premium ceramic polysynethic thermal compound.
>And a smaller tube of arctic silver 5 high density polysynethetic
>silver thermal compound.
>
>Wha's the difference? are they applied differently?
>
>cpu is amd athlon xp 3000+

The advertising budget.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Ed

On 17 Apr 2005 21:42:00 -0700, jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

>I have Arctic Alumina premium ceramic polysynethic thermal compound.
>And a smaller tube of arctic silver 5 high density polysynethetic
>silver thermal compound.
>
>Wha's the difference? are they applied differently?
>
>cpu is amd athlon xp 3000+

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_alumina_instructions.htm

I get the lowest full load cpu temps on my AMD XP by using a plastic bag
over my finger and dab the thermal paste on the cpu core like face
make-up until the paste is a super thin see-through coating.

Ed