Solo 2150, parts ? cd player ?

Is there a good reliable source for after market Gateway parts? I am
working on it for a buddy as I normally don't do laptops but he's a friend
so I thought I'd give it a go. Gateway brushed me off pretty good, (Yes its
old) and no restore disc is available, but support said a clean '98 boot
would work as 98 should load all the drivers. Its up and running but no
modem and CD is mechanically screwed I've updated windows and have had it
on my own network. Also my cd/card works but the only boot options in bios
are the usual.....fd/hd/cd so I cant boot to Win 98 this way. Opinion
needed, was this a decent deal at 200 bux ??? I have found one drive for
$119 but I am hesitant to have him commit any more money on this, just not
sure if its worth it. Thanx for your time

Also the batteries dont charge but thats not an issue for him, I think if
its an option he should return this and not throw good money after bad.
THANX

Oh Please <whyonearth@mars.net> wrote:
[...]

Parts are available on ebay, I built a couple of 2150s from parts off
there. I may still have some parts laying around if interested. Also the
battery packs are very easy to rebuild, just finding a source for the
li-on cells is the hard part.

kmy@hiwaay.net wrote in news:10i6n6829pe3q25@corp.supernews.com:

> Parts are available on ebay, I built a couple of 2150s from parts off
> there. I may still have some parts laying around if interested. Also
> the battery packs are very easy to rebuild, just finding a source for
> the li-on cells is the hard part.

Many thanx for the input kmy, off to ebay I go, and thanx again