CPU Temperature and Fan Speed for Phoenix Bios D686.

Hi,
Is there a free tool API or library avaiable to read the CPU
temperature and the FAN speeds once the Windows is up and running?
The BIOS shows it at the booting time, I like to get it once the system
is up and running.

Appreciate any help.

Sam
2 answers Last reply
More about temperature speed phoenix bios d686

    On 28 Apr 2005 07:55:14 -0700, "Ohm" <sams@freeddns.org> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >Is there a free tool API or library avaiable to read the CPU
    >temperature and the FAN speeds once the Windows is up and running?
    >The BIOS shows it at the booting time, I like to get it once the system
    >is up and running.

    I've seen Speedfan recommended by several people but you'll need to check
    if it covers your mbrd and its monitoring chip, which you can determine
    with Sisoft's Sandra. Check out www.majorgeeks.com for both.

    --
    Rgds, George Macdonald

    Bitstring <1114700114.476948.204870@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, from
    the wonderful person Ohm <sams@freeddns.org> said
    >Hi,
    >Is there a free tool API or library avaiable to read the CPU
    >temperature and the FAN speeds once the Windows is up and running?
    >The BIOS shows it at the booting time, I like to get it once the system
    >is up and running.

    If an application will do (rather than an API or library call) try
    Motherboard Monitor 5 (for most, but not all, motherboards/chipsets)

    --
    GSV Three Minds in a Can

CPUs BIOS Temperature Fan Speed