CPU Temperature and Fan Speed for Phoenix Bios D686.

Ohm

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2005

Hi,
Is there a free tool API or library avaiable to read the CPU
temperature and the FAN speeds once the Windows is up and running?
The BIOS shows it at the booting time, I like to get it once the system
is up and running.

Appreciate any help.

Sam

On 28 Apr 2005 07:55:14 -0700, "Ohm" <sams@freeddns.org> wrote:

>Hi,
>Is there a free tool API or library avaiable to read the CPU
>temperature and the FAN speeds once the Windows is up and running?
>The BIOS shows it at the booting time, I like to get it once the system
>is up and running.

I've seen Speedfan recommended by several people but you'll need to check
if it covers your mbrd and its monitoring chip, which you can determine
with Sisoft's Sandra. Check out www.majorgeeks.com for both.

--
Rgds, George Macdonald

Bitstring <1114700114.476948.204870@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, from
the wonderful person Ohm <sams@freeddns.org> said
>Hi,
>Is there a free tool API or library avaiable to read the CPU
>temperature and the FAN speeds once the Windows is up and running?
>The BIOS shows it at the booting time, I like to get it once the system
>is up and running.

If an application will do (rather than an API or library call) try
Motherboard Monitor 5 (for most, but not all, motherboards/chipsets)

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can