Wordperfect application will no longer open - Please Help

I have been running an older version of Wordperfect ever since I got
my Gateway X700 Desktop pc about 2 years ago with no problems.
Suddenly it will not open and I am getting an error message as
follows:

16 bit windows subsystem a C:/windows/system32/ autoexec.nt

The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft
Windows system applications.

Chose close to terminate application.

How do I get my Wordperfect Application to start working again?

I have windows xp home addition. Everything worked great until about
a week ago. Now I get popups, and every other annoying thing in
addition to this application not working. I have scaned and cleaned
for spyware, popups, etc. Please help.

Look for that file in \windows\repair and copy it to the windows\system32
directory - something has corrupted the existing file.

"Maria Brown" <mbrown2@rgv.rr.com> wrote in message

> I have been running an older version of Wordperfect ever since I got
> my Gateway X700 Desktop pc about 2 years ago with no problems.
> Suddenly it will not open and I am getting an error message as
> follows:
>
> 16 bit windows subsystem a C:/windows/system32/ autoexec.nt
>
> The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft
> Windows system applications.
>
> Chose close to terminate application.
>

> How do I get my Wordperfect Application to start working again?
>
> I have windows xp home addition. Everything worked great until about
> a week ago. Now I get popups, and every other annoying thing in
> addition to this application not working. I have scaned and cleaned
> for spyware, popups, etc. Please help.

Thank you Mr Neth!!!! You are the greatest!