BX80532PE3066D 3.06 GHZ 533MHz FSB w/ HT

Hi all,

Does anyone out there in computer land have a Pentium 4 3.06GHz, 533MHz
FSB available?

My Alienware computer, which is 2 years old (sigh), has a Intel Mother
PCB that can only accept up to a 3.06GHz CPU, which happens to be hyper
thread, which is what I want.

This CPU has apparently been discontinued and I have found one for sale
for $426!!! The humanity...

Please let me know.

Thanks

Jay
5/6/05

HeroJay wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone out there in computer land have a Pentium 4 3.06GHz, 533MHz
> FSB available?
>
> My Alienware computer, which is 2 years old (sigh), has a Intel Mother
> PCB that can only accept up to a 3.06GHz CPU, which happens to be hyper
> thread, which is what I want.
>
> This CPU has apparently been discontinued and I have found one for sale
> for $426!!! The humanity...

Ouch! Assuming your currency is YankeeBucks, for about that much
you could get an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe and an Athlon64 3500+. That
combo would run circles around a 3.06 GHz P4 in pretty much
everything but perhaps some kinds of video encoding.

However, I took a quick look with Pricewatch and it seems that
what you are looking for is available at the first three sites
listed for $285 to $289. $426 is more reasonable for the 3.06
GHz / 533 MHz Xeons.

You could try ebay.

"Rob Stow" <rob.stow@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> HeroJay wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anyone out there in computer land have a Pentium 4 3.06GHz, 533MHz
> > FSB available?
> >
> > My Alienware computer, which is 2 years old (sigh), has a Intel Mother
> > PCB that can only accept up to a 3.06GHz CPU, which happens to be hyper
> > thread, which is what I want.
> >
> > This CPU has apparently been discontinued and I have found one for sale
> > for $426!!! The humanity...
>
> Ouch! Assuming your currency is YankeeBucks, for about that much
> you could get an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe and an Athlon64 3500+. That
> combo would run circles around a 3.06 GHz P4 in pretty much
> everything but perhaps some kinds of video encoding.
>
> However, I took a quick look with Pricewatch and it seems that
> what you are looking for is available at the first three sites
> listed for $285 to $289. $426 is more reasonable for the 3.06
> GHz / 533 MHz Xeons.

If you try ebay, make sure the processor is guaranteed to work, with
a return option, and the seller is reputable. Don't accept any BS like
"pulled from a working system, sold as-is," "untested but should work,"
"working but sold as-is," "guaranteed not DOA. ... No returns ... ,"
etc. There are a lot of frauds selling on ebay.