Vice City saved games

My install of Vice City got messed up and I was going to re-install it.
However, I'd like to not have to start over from the beginning again.
Can someone tell me where the game puts the saved game files? Or if I
just re-install it over the top of itself will it wipe out the saved
games that are already there? Any help will be appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about vice city saved games

    Some guy you don't want to know wrote:
    > My install of Vice City got messed up and I was going to re-install it.
    > However, I'd like to not have to start over from the beginning again.
    > Can someone tell me where the game puts the saved game files? Or if I
    > just re-install it over the top of itself will it wipe out the saved
    > games that are already there? Any help will be appreciated.

    On the PC they normally live in a directory within My Documents (or
    there abouts).

    "Some guy you don't want to know" <lmarc11@qwest.net> wrote in message
    > My install of Vice City got messed up and I was going to re-install it.
    > However, I'd like to not have to start over from the beginning again. Can
    > someone tell me where the game puts the saved game files? Or if I just
    > re-install it over the top of itself will it wipe out the saved games that
    > are already there? Any help will be appreciated.

    Your saved games should be ok. They are saved in:

    C:\Documents and Settings\<your login name>\My Documents\GTA Vice City User
    Files

    There is also a configuration file, gta_vc.set, saved there as well. This
    file may need to be deleted if you are having problems after the re-install.
    It will be created again when you run VC.

    kirk wrote:

    > "Some guy you don't want to know" <lmarc11@qwest.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>My install of Vice City got messed up and I was going to re-install it.
    >>However, I'd like to not have to start over from the beginning again. Can
    >>someone tell me where the game puts the saved game files? Or if I just
    >>re-install it over the top of itself will it wipe out the saved games that
    >>are already there? Any help will be appreciated.
    >

    > Your saved games should be ok. They are saved in:
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\<your login name>\My Documents\GTA Vice City User
    > Files
    >

    > There is also a configuration file, gta_vc.set, saved there as well. This
    > file may need to be deleted if you are having problems after the re-install.
    > It will be created again when you run VC.

    Thank you so much guys. Hell, it's 2:43am and I posted that only a half
    hour ago. I didn't expect an answer so quick. I guess it DOES pay to
    be up half the night.

    Thanks again.

Games Video Games