Q: Voltage for Siemens DIMM p/n: SIE3264133G72MV-TW-C1B16D ?

Hello all.

I just bought a second-hand motherboard with CPU & 512 MB SDRAM (2x 256
MB).

LABELS
DIMM #1 :

SIE3264133G72MV-TW-C1B16D
256MB-PC133-222-0137-PA 2982

DIMM #2 :

HYS64V32220GU-7-C2 32Mx64 SDRAM
C2812110 PC133-222-520

256MB, Sync, 133 MHz, CL2

Ok, so DIMM #2 is no mystery. I found the datasheet and its voltage is
3.3V.

My question is with DIMM #1...

Is it CL2? And 3.3V? That I don't know.

Seems like a silly question, but I'm asking because the memory voltage
jumper on the mobo is already set at 3.4V.

I haven't installed the mobo, and naturally I want all the hardware
settings (jumpers, DIP switches, etc) to be set correctly so as to
avoid problems and/or damage.

Would using 3.4V instead of 3.3V cause a difference/damage in the long
run? I know most CPU would work fine with such a small differential,
but maybe SDRAM is more sensitive.

Any help greatly appreciated.
==
M.T.

Me again...

I forgot to mention something.

In the manual of the mobo (ASUS CUSL2-C), the jumper in question (VIO)
is used not only to regulate DIMM voltage, but also AGP and PCI.

It can be set at either 3.3V (1-2), 3.4V (2-3, default) or 3.6V (3-4).

That's all folks.
==
M.T.

<x9012590125@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all.
>
> I just bought a second-hand motherboard with CPU & 512 MB SDRAM (2x 256
> MB).
>
> LABELS
> DIMM #1 :
>
> SIE3264133G72MV-TW-C1B16D
> 256MB-PC133-222-0137-PA 2982
>
> DIMM #2 :
>
> HYS64V32220GU-7-C2 32Mx64 SDRAM
> C2812110 PC133-222-520
>
> 256MB, Sync, 133 MHz, CL2
>
> Ok, so DIMM #2 is no mystery. I found the datasheet and its voltage is
> 3.3V.
>
> My question is with DIMM #1...
>
> Is it CL2? And 3.3V? That I don't know.
>
> Seems like a silly question, but I'm asking because the memory voltage
> jumper on the mobo is already set at 3.4V.
>
> I haven't installed the mobo, and naturally I want all the hardware
> settings (jumpers, DIP switches, etc) to be set correctly so as to
> avoid problems and/or damage.
>
> Would using 3.4V instead of 3.3V cause a difference/damage in the long
> run? I know most CPU would work fine with such a small differential,
> but maybe SDRAM is more sensitive.
>

> Any help greatly appreciated.
> ==
> M.T.

RAM #1 is CL2(222). One reason to raise that voltage is for better stabilty
when overclocking. There's really no need to have it higher unless the
manufacturer found it more compatible with a larger amount of ram types. You
might want to check their website for updated info.

That's what I thought.

I'll set that jumper back to 3.3V.

Thanks Dawg!
==