Weird Vice City problem I've never seen before

Last response: in Video Games
June 1, 2005 4:03:37 PM

I just re-installed VC and am using my saved games from a previous
install and noticed something weird. Sometimes when I look at certain
buildings I notice that the architecture is all screwed up. Some of the
buildings are mishapen. The other weird thing is that some of the cars
in the game, like the one down at the dock where you get the Colonel
missions, look like they have been wrecked and blown up. I can still
get in them and drive them but they look like they've been all smashed
to hell. I'm thinking that since I installed the game on top of a bad
install that there must be a corrupted file somewhere that isn't being
overwritten by a new one when I re-installed the game. Anyone know what
file could be doing this?

Thanks again.... I will hopefully soon be killing indiscriminately again.
June 1, 2005 5:34:55 PM

"Some guy you don't want to know" <lmarc11@qwest.net> wrote in message
>I just re-installed VC and am using my saved games from a previous install
>and noticed something weird. Sometimes when I look at certain buildings I
>notice that the architecture is all screwed up. Some of the buildings are
>mishapen. The other weird thing is that some of the cars in the game, like
>the one down at the dock where you get the Colonel missions, look like they
>have been wrecked and blown up. I can still get in them and drive them but
>they look like they've been all smashed to hell. I'm thinking that since I
>installed the game on top of a bad install that there must be a corrupted
>file somewhere that isn't being overwritten by a new one when I
>re-installed the game. Anyone know what file could be doing this?
>
> Thanks again.... I will hopefully soon be killing indiscriminately again.

Did you try to delete the gta_vc.set config file? It is in the same
directory as your saaved games. Run the game to create a new gta_vc.set.
You will have to set your video and audio configs.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 11:53:33 PM

"Some guy you don't want to know" <lmarc11@qwest.net> wrote in message
>I just re-installed VC and am using my saved games from a previous install
>and noticed something weird. Sometimes when I look at certain buildings I
>notice that the architecture is all screwed up. Some of the buildings are
>mishapen. The other weird thing is that some of the cars in the game, like
>the one down at the dock where you get the Colonel missions, look like they
>have been wrecked and blown up. I can still get in them and drive them but
>they look like they've been all smashed to hell. I'm thinking that since I
>installed the game on top of a bad install that there must be a corrupted
>file somewhere that isn't being overwritten by a new one when I
>re-installed the game. Anyone know what file could be doing this?
>
> Thanks again.... I will hopefully soon be killing indiscriminately again.

Hey the same thing happened when I moved my save game files from my laptop
to my desktop. Now I can't change the screen resolution in settings and its
stuck on what the laptop was set as.
June 2, 2005 1:39:15 AM

"kirk" <kirk@nowhere.net> wrote in message

> "Some guy you don't want to know" <lmarc11@qwest.net> wrote in message
>>I just re-installed VC and am using my saved games from a previous install
>>and noticed something weird. Sometimes when I look at certain buildings I
>>notice that the architecture is all screwed up. Some of the buildings are
>>mishapen. The other weird thing is that some of the cars in the game,
>>like the one down at the dock where you get the Colonel missions, look
>>like they have been wrecked and blown up. I can still get in them and
>>drive them but they look like they've been all smashed to hell. I'm
>>thinking that since I installed the game on top of a bad install that
>>there must be a corrupted file somewhere that isn't being overwritten by a
>>new one when I re-installed the game. Anyone know what file could be
>>doing this?
>>
>> Thanks again.... I will hopefully soon be killing indiscriminately again.
>
> Did you try to delete the gta_vc.set config file? It is in the same
> directory as your saaved games. Run the game to create a new gta_vc.set.
> You will have to set your video and audio configs.

Hey I didn't know about that, thanks!!!

JLT
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 1:39:16 AM

JLT2005 wrote:
> "kirk" <kirk@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>
>>"Some guy you don't want to know" <lmarc11@qwest.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>I just re-installed VC and am using my saved games from a previous install
>>>and noticed something weird. Sometimes when I look at certain buildings I
>>>notice that the architecture is all screwed up. Some of the buildings are
>>>mishapen. The other weird thing is that some of the cars in the game,
>>>like the one down at the dock where you get the Colonel missions, look
>>>like they have been wrecked and blown up. I can still get in them and
>>>drive them but they look like they've been all smashed to hell. I'm
>>>thinking that since I installed the game on top of a bad install that
>>>there must be a corrupted file somewhere that isn't being overwritten by a
>>>new one when I re-installed the game. Anyone know what file could be
>>>doing this?
>>>
>>>Thanks again.... I will hopefully soon be killing indiscriminately again.
>>
>>Did you try to delete the gta_vc.set config file? It is in the same
>>directory as your saaved games. Run the game to create a new gta_vc.set.
>>You will have to set your video and audio configs.
>>

> Hey I didn't know about that, thanks!!!
>
> JLT

I did not delete that file. Silly me. I'll try that and see what
happens. Someone should beat me with some brass nuks or a baseball
bat.... or perhaps a hammer. No Uzi's though.... nosiree.... I don't
think I'd much care for that. Thanks.
!