  • Memory
  • Thinkpad
Last response: in CPUs
May 26, 2005 3:49:13 AM

I got a thinkpad 600 laptop (I know old) and I am wondering can I upgrade it
with 2 256mb DIMMS? and will it recongize it?

Anthony

More about : memory question

May 26, 2005 4:32:56 AM

"Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in

> I got a thinkpad 600 laptop (I know old) and I am wondering can I
> upgrade it with 2 256mb DIMMS? and will it recongize it?
>
> Anthony

check with IBM
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b à CPUs
a b } Memory
May 26, 2005 9:04:47 AM

On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:49:13 -0500, "Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net>
wrote:

>I got a thinkpad 600 laptop (I know old) and I am wondering can I upgrade it
>with 2 256mb DIMMS? and will it recongize it?

www.crucial.com

Plug in the make and model of the system and it will tell you exactly
what memory is guaranteed to work in your system. For this one,
assuming it's just a ThinkPad 600 (and not a 600E or 600X) then you
are limited to 2 x 128MB SO-DIMMs. 256MB modules will not work.

Tony Hill