memory question

I got a thinkpad 600 laptop (I know old) and I am wondering can I upgrade it
with 2 256mb DIMMS? and will it recongize it?

Anthony
2 answers Last reply
More about memory question

    "Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in

    > I got a thinkpad 600 laptop (I know old) and I am wondering can I
    > upgrade it with 2 256mb DIMMS? and will it recongize it?
    >
    > Anthony

    check with IBM

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:49:13 -0500, "Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net>
    wrote:

    >I got a thinkpad 600 laptop (I know old) and I am wondering can I upgrade it
    >with 2 256mb DIMMS? and will it recongize it?

    www.crucial.com

    Plug in the make and model of the system and it will tell you exactly
    what memory is guaranteed to work in your system. For this one,
    assuming it's just a ThinkPad 600 (and not a 600E or 600X) then you
    are limited to 2 x 128MB SO-DIMMs. 256MB modules will not work.

    Tony Hill

CPUs Hardware Laptops Memory Thinkpad