Internet Connection Sharing failure

When trying to share my internet connection with a networked PC I get this

"Cannot enable shared access

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

I've searched all the websites and nothing seems to help so wondered if it
was a glitch of Norton Internet Security?

--
"If everyone followed my method of deleting all but the snippet of an
earlier message they were replying to then these newsgroups would be a hell

"ITMA" <mindyourownbusiness@123.com> wrote in

> When trying to share my internet connection with a networked PC I get
> this
>
> "Cannot enable shared access
>
> Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."
>
> I've searched all the websites and nothing seems to help so wondered
> if it was a glitch of Norton Internet Security?

The O/S needs services to be active and working properly. The message is
telling you that a dependency service that other services on the O/S
needs has failed to start, and therefore, the O/S *cannot enable shared
access*.

You should be able to use the System Event Viewer and find the critical
error and double-click it to get more information about the issue.

Duane :)