Cherry Poppins: Vice City (PC) - possible spoilers

Is there any point to buying it? I've completed all the missions, done all
the sub-missions to get jumping taxis etc and bought all of the businesses
(and had a bloody good time doing it all) but I can't work out the Cherry
Poppins thing.

It's almost as bad as watching paint dry. Is there any reward for
continuing with it?

"M@" wrote:

> Is there any point to buying it? I've completed all the missions, done all
> the sub-missions to get jumping taxis etc and bought all of the businesses
> (and had a bloody good time doing it all) but I can't work out the Cherry
> Poppins thing.
>
> It's almost as bad as watching paint dry. Is there any reward for
> continuing with it?

the drug selling thing? can't recall what you get except if you're
trying to get 100% you need to complete the mission, so you have to
sell 50 'ice creams' in one go. as soon as you've sold like 51 just
climb out of the van. watch for wanted stars though as cops tend to
sneak up on you and bust you. I usually do it somewhere near a spray
shop
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Paul Heslop wrote:

> "M@" wrote:
> >
> > Is there any point to buying it? I've completed all the missions, done all
> > the sub-missions to get jumping taxis etc and bought all of the businesses
> > (and had a bloody good time doing it all) but I can't work out the Cherry
> > Poppins thing.
> >
> > It's almost as bad as watching paint dry. Is there any reward for
> > continuing with it?
>
> the drug selling thing? can't recall what you get except if you're
> trying to get 100% you need to complete the mission, so you have to
> sell 50 'ice creams' in one go. as soon as you've sold like 51 just
> climb out of the van. watch for wanted stars though as cops tend to
> sneak up on you and bust you. I usually do it somewhere near a spray
> shop

ah, I just remembered. you need so many assets, 4 I think, before one
of the later mission kicks in. The one where the guys drive round on a
bike extorting money from you? Of course if you've done the missions
you've already completed that one too.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

> ah, I just remembered. you need so many assets, 4 I think, before one
> of the later mission kicks in. The one where the guys drive round on a
> bike extorting money from you? Of course if you've done the missions
> you've already completed that one too.

You get quite a nice spot to snipe them (I think that if you have it, the
ice cream factory is the first to be "hit") or, if you're in a mean mood,
get to them in a bullet-proof sentinel (you do have one, right?) wait until
they are approaching the factory and then jam on the gas. If you time it
right, you can smash them both into the wall just as they are getting off
their Sanchez. You're now partway through the mission, and that walrus woman
has plenty of red sauce for the ice creams.

I had to turn the audio off for cherry poppers. That van jingle was in my
head for days...

G Hardy wrote:

> > ah, I just remembered. you need so many assets, 4 I think, before one
> > of the later mission kicks in. The one where the guys drive round on a
> > bike extorting money from you? Of course if you've done the missions
> > you've already completed that one too.
>
> You get quite a nice spot to snipe them (I think that if you have it, the
> ice cream factory is the first to be "hit") or, if you're in a mean mood,
> get to them in a bullet-proof sentinel (you do have one, right?) wait until
> they are approaching the factory and then jam on the gas. If you time it
> right, you can smash them both into the wall just as they are getting off
> their Sanchez. You're now partway through the mission, and that walrus woman
> has plenty of red sauce for the ice creams.
>
> I had to turn the audio off for cherry poppers. That van jingle was in my
> head for days...

Oh jees that noise! With this particular mission I like to make my way
over to that club and wait for them, with a VERY big shotgun. This is
one I like to do up close and personal :O)