Fix for Resetting Speakers on Game Exit??

Is there a fix or link for correcting the resetting of speakers on game
exit? Have Audigy 2 Platinum 6.1. When exiting game, Windows Speaker setting
is back to Quad (4.1). Have latest Creative Drivers and fixed the creative
speaker setting by unchecking sync box with Windows so Creative stays at
6.1... But evertime game exits speakers are back to quad. Read a while back
that a suggested fix was to run on shortcut with different credentials, but
can't seem to figure that one out...

TIA

kirk

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2002

"Tom Dauphin" <tdauphin@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Is there a fix or link for correcting the resetting of speakers on game
> exit? Have Audigy 2 Platinum 6.1. When exiting game, Windows Speaker
> setting is back to Quad (4.1). Have latest Creative Drivers and fixed the
> creative speaker setting by unchecking sync box with Windows so Creative
> stays at 6.1... But evertime game exits speakers are back to quad. Read a
> while back that a suggested fix was to run on shortcut with different
> credentials, but can't seem to figure that one out...

You have a platinum with the nifty front panel enabled, I assume. The only
fix that I could find was to NOT load the front panel/remote control
support. It seems that there is some kind of message conflict with GTA III
and GTA VC that drives the creative drivers nuts. My system would always
change the config as you stated plus the volume would be set to full.

I have pointed this out to the Creative support team but, as is typical,
they could care less. Pretty much the same response from the Take-Two
support. Each pointed fingers at the other.

For me the nifty front panel wasn't worth the extra $100.

Stupid Question: I do have the Front Panel Breakout box sitting in a 5 1/4
Bay, but to the best of my knowledge don't think I have the remote control
software even running. I know At I've never used the darn thing before. I do
use the headphone connection, midi ports, and Firewire stuff though so I
would hate to eliminate the box.

Is there a way to just disable the remote software loading or would that not
necessarily fix the problem either?

Thanks in Advance

> Stupid Question: I do have the Front Panel Breakout box sitting in a 5 1/4
> Bay, but to the best of my knowledge don't think I have the remote control
> software even running. I know At I've never used the darn thing before. I
> do use the headphone connection, midi ports, and Firewire stuff though so
> I would hate to eliminate the box.
>
> Is there a way to just disable the remote software loading or would that
> not necessarily fix the problem either?

Sorry, I don't have a definitive answer for that. But, my guess is that the
remote control is the only device that would software support. Some, if not
all, of the other ports are pass-throughs.

There is Firewire support on the card as well as the front panel. My system
has window's drivers for the 1394.

I don't have any midi devices with which to test.

My headphones do work without drivers.