Does this chip have hyperthreading?

Does the P4 533mhz with 1 MB and sSpec number SL5PK
have hyperthreading? Intel's web page and retail
package don't mention it, so I assume not. How
could I find out for sure?
4 answers Last reply
More about does chip hyperthreading

    "" wrote:
    > Does the P4 533mhz with 1 MB and sSpec number SL5PK
    > have hyperthreading? Intel's web page and retail
    > package don't mention it, so I assume not. How
    > could I find out for sure?

    Yes ..Chips with 1Mb L2 cache are Prescotts and the 533 Prescott was
    the first chip with hyper threading

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Chips-chip-hyperthreading-ftopict57331.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=302967

    Captin <UseLinkToEmail@hardwareforumz.com> wrote:
    > "" wrote:
    > > Does the P4 533mhz with 1 MB and sSpec number SL5PK
    > > have hyperthreading? Intel's web page and retail
    > > package don't mention it, so I assume not. How
    > > could I find out for sure?
    >
    > Yes ..Chips with 1Mb L2 cache are Prescotts and the 533 Prescott was
    > the first chip with hyper threading

    No, the first chips with hyperthreading were Xeons, and the first P4 with
    hyperthreading was the 3.06ghz/533fsb Northwood P4, *well* before Prescott
    was released. It was then in all the "C"/800FSB Northwoods.

    Further, of the first-generation Prescotts, I believe HT was disabled in the
    2.8ghz/533fsb and only enabled in the 800FSB models, but that may be mistaken.

    --
    Nate Edel http://www.cubiclehermit.com/

    "I do have a cause, though. It is Obscenity. I'm for it." - Tom Lehrer

    "" wrote:
    > Does the P4 533mhz with 1 MB and sSpec number SL5PK
    > have hyperthreading? Intel's web page and retail
    > package don't mention it, so I assume not. How
    > could I find out for sure?

    Yes,

    The 533 chips with 1Mb cache are Prescotts with Hyperthreading
    The 533 with 512Mb of L2 cache is a Northwood core without H/T

    Both the Northwood and Prescott chips with a 800mhz FSB also had

    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=307969

    Captin <UseLinkToEmail@hardwareforumz.com> wrote:
    > The 533 with 512Mb of L2 cache is a Northwood core without H/T

    Except the 3.06 533FSB, which did have HT (and was the first non-Xeon to
    offer it.)

    --
    Nate Edel http://www.cubiclehermit.com/

    "I do have a cause, though. It is Obscenity. I'm for it." - Tom Lehrer

CPUs Hardware Chip