Does this chip have hyperthreading?

Does the P4 533mhz with 1 MB and sSpec number SL5PK
have hyperthreading? Intel's web page and retail
package don't mention it, so I assume not. How
could I find out for sure?

"" wrote:
> Does the P4 533mhz with 1 MB and sSpec number SL5PK
> have hyperthreading? Intel's web page and retail
> package don't mention it, so I assume not. How
> could I find out for sure?

Yes ..Chips with 1Mb L2 cache are Prescotts and the 533 Prescott was
the first chip with hyper threading

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Chips-chip-hyperthreading-ftopict57331.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=302967

Captin <UseLinkToEmail@hardwareforumz.com> wrote:
> "" wrote:
> > Does the P4 533mhz with 1 MB and sSpec number SL5PK
> > have hyperthreading? Intel's web page and retail
> > package don't mention it, so I assume not. How
> > could I find out for sure?
>
> Yes ..Chips with 1Mb L2 cache are Prescotts and the 533 Prescott was
> the first chip with hyper threading

No, the first chips with hyperthreading were Xeons, and the first P4 with
hyperthreading was the 3.06ghz/533fsb Northwood P4, *well* before Prescott
was released. It was then in all the "C"/800FSB Northwoods.

Further, of the first-generation Prescotts, I believe HT was disabled in the
2.8ghz/533fsb and only enabled in the 800FSB models, but that may be mistaken.

--
Nate Edel http://www.cubiclehermit.com/

"I do have a cause, though. It is Obscenity. I'm for it." - Tom Lehrer

"" wrote:
> Does the P4 533mhz with 1 MB and sSpec number SL5PK
> have hyperthreading? Intel's web page and retail
> package don't mention it, so I assume not. How
> could I find out for sure?

Yes,

The 533 chips with 1Mb cache are Prescotts with Hyperthreading
The 533 with 512Mb of L2 cache is a Northwood core without H/T

Both the Northwood and Prescott chips with a 800mhz FSB also had

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=307969

Captin <UseLinkToEmail@hardwareforumz.com> wrote:
> The 533 with 512Mb of L2 cache is a Northwood core without H/T

Except the 3.06 533FSB, which did have HT (and was the first non-Xeon to
offer it.)

--
Nate Edel http://www.cubiclehermit.com/

"I do have a cause, though. It is Obscenity. I'm for it." - Tom Lehrer

TRENDING THREADS