Laptop Configuration

Hi,

I have planned to buy a laptop with the below configuration. It cost
around 850$. Could any of you suggest me whether the below mentioned
configuration will be sufficient for running

1) simple .Net application
2) SQL server

Processor: Intel Celeron -M370(1.5 GHz); 1 MB L2 Cache; 400 Mhz Front
side bus speed; Mobile Power Management
Hard Drive: 40 GB
Standard memory: Intel 855 GM chip set
Display panel: 15'' Colour TFT Active Matrix; 1024 x 768
Optical Drive: CD - RW/DVD Combo drive
Weight - 2.95 kgs
Battery - 6 cell lithium ion
Networking - Integrated 10/100 T Base T

Thanks,

On 13 Jun 2005 01:17:52 -0700, rekha.here@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have planned to buy a laptop with the below configuration. It cost
>around 850$. Could any of you suggest me whether the below mentioned
>configuration will be sufficient for running
>
>1) simple .Net application
>2) SQL server
>
>Processor: Intel Celeron -M370(1.5 GHz); 1 MB L2 Cache; 400 Mhz Front
>side bus speed; Mobile Power Management
>Hard Drive: 40 GB
>Standard memory: Intel 855 GM chip set
>Display panel: 15'' Colour TFT Active Matrix; 1024 x 768
>Optical Drive: CD - RW/DVD Combo drive
>Weight - 2.95 kgs
>Battery - 6 cell lithium ion
>Networking - Integrated 10/100 T Base T

Err, you left out what is almost certain to be the most important
factor in how well the system will run your applications: memory.
Both of those apps (particularly SQL server) tend to be rather memory
hungry. 512MB would be an absolute minimum IMO, and you might want to
consider 1GB.

Other than that, it should work out fine. I personally would prefer a
slightly lower clocked Pentium-M processor over a Celeron-M, though
the difference is likely to be small and it might be tough to find a
Pentium-M in the price-range you're looking for. Everything else
seems pretty much bog-standard.

Tony Hill

TRENDING THREADS