PCI Ethernet Controller driver for Gateway Solo 9100 laptop

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to install a Xircom CEM 56K PCMCIA modem in a used Gateway laptop
I brought. The system recognizes the modem, but it keeps promptng to install
a PCI Ethernet Controller. I do not have the system disk, so how can I find
the proper driver when I don't know the model ? I checked the gateway site
and could not find the driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

"rimo" <rimo@sympaticoblow.ca> wrote in message news:<_TbWc.7167$DG.208896@news20.bellglobal.com>...
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I'm trying to install a Xircom CEM 56K PCMCIA modem in a used Gateway laptop
> I brought. The system recognizes the modem, but it keeps promptng to install
> a PCI Ethernet Controller. I do not have the system disk, so how can I find
> the proper driver when I don't know the model ? I checked the gateway site
> and could not find the driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Xircom was Bought by Intel a couple of years ago and you can download
the correct driver from _somewhere_ on the Intel site.

Are you Rich Modafferi from McIntosh?

Make sure you installed the chipset drivers first.