buckyno2

Distinguished
May 14, 2003

Can anyone tell me a cheap AGP video card that will work with a PCChips
M811LU? I've tried a couple of different ones with no success. I may
have burned out the AGP or something (I heard you can do that) by
trying the spares I have. Before I send it back to PCChips, I'd like to
try a known-good video card.

Thanks

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 05:12:03 -0700, buckyno2 wrote:

> Can anyone tell me a cheap AGP video card that will work with a PCChips
> M811LU? I've tried a couple of different ones with no success. I may
> have burned out the AGP or something (I heard you can do that) by
> trying the spares I have. Before I send it back to PCChips, I'd like to
> try a known-good video card.
>
> Thanks

Let me get this straight you want to purchase a video card to try in your
PC-Chips motherboard as you think its a bad board. Why not give your
video cards to a buddy and let them try it in their system, if it works
then you know its the motherboard. For the price of the average new video
card, you could have yourself another motherboard!

If you do not have a buddy who wants to check your cards, then go to a
pc-shop and talk to the people their, they would most likely help you out,
if they did not then they would not be a good shop to go to in the first
place. All the card has to do is post, if you insert the card and it
posts then you know you at least have something working on the video card.
Also you might want to next time consider what proper group to post this
too, it might of been better to post in the video group, or in a
motherboad newsgroup. I have seen bad PSU do this sort of thing as well,
but a buddy will be of good use here to determine the cause.

Gnu_Raiz