GTA:SA for PC on DVD-ROM only for now ?

Last response: in Video Games
June 7, 2005 9:06:15 PM

Heads up for those wandering out to grab a copy. Neither places i went to
said the CD-ROM is available now.
I didn't need a DVD drive at home, until today. D'oh ! Got one of those
fancy +/- in the home box now !!

More about : gta dvd rom

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 9:12:24 PM

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 17:06:15 -0400, "GMpartsguy"
<kb1cih@comBUZZOFFcast.net> wrote:

>Heads up for those wandering out to grab a copy. Neither places i went to
>said the CD-ROM is available now.
> I didn't need a DVD drive at home, until today. D'oh ! Got one of those
>fancy +/- in the home box now !!

A quick review of the minimum specs on the Rockstar website will
reveal that a DVD drive is required.

There are two .cab files (compressed archives) that on the disc that
far exceed the capacity of a CD. One file is 1.3GB and the other is
1.5GB. These large files would make a CD install problematic.

I don't think that a 5 or 6 CD install set is in the future. At least
not from Rockstar ;)
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 2:40:19 PM

Jack Crack schrieb:

> There are two .cab files (compressed archives) that on the disc that
> far exceed the capacity of a CD. One file is 1.3GB and the other is
> 1.5GB. These large files would make a CD install problematic.

Right.

> I don't think that a 5 or 6 CD install set is in the future. At least
> not from Rockstar ;)

I don't understand how people can have 2+ GHz Machine with no
DVD-ROM.

CU, Venty
!