Pricewatch, Like Linux, Must Be Bad Word at GW

17:29 New party ('Ted Madison') has joined the session
17:29 You have been placed in queue. An advisor will join soon to
assist you. When you choose to finish your chat, please use the EXIT
CHAT button on your right.
17:30 New party ('Agent') has joined the session
17:30 Agent> Hey Ted Madison, how are you doing?
17:30 Ted Madison> Hi, Agent
17:31 Ted Madison> pretty good
17:31 Agent> Great! How can I help you today?
17:31 Ted Madison> you must not be a 'secret' agent...
17:31 Ted Madison> i have a few questions about your Desktops
17:31 Agent> No actually my name is <snip>, and I will be your advisor
17:31 Agent> Sure
17:32 Ted Madison> ok <snip>
17:32 Agent> Was there a certain desktop you are looking at because At
Gateway we customize a solution to best fit your needs, not ours- may
I ask you some questions so we can hammer out the best system for you?
17:33 Ted Madison> what kind of motherboards do your Sb 310s use?
17:33 Agent> Intel
17:33 Ted Madison> are they actually made by intel?
17:33 Agent> Yes they are
17:33 Ted Madison> do they have agp sots/
17:34 Ted Madison> Slots, I meant
17:34 Ted Madison> mistyped
17:34 Agent> Not on the 310 they dont
17:35 Ted Madison> the 510s and 710s appear to be only for home ?home
office markets
17:35 Ted Madison> is this so?
17:36 Agent> They are for both home and home office
17:36 Ted Madison> i meant to type the / instead of the ?
17:36 Ted Madison> i am not used to this Keyboard
17:36 Agent> Is there a number I can call you on to discuss all of
this, usually it is a bit easier that way?
17:36 Ted Madison> well, no
17:37 Ted Madison> I don't have a land phone line
17:37 Agent> I can call your cell if you like
17:37 Ted Madison> we bought VoIP, and are sorting it out now
17:37 Ted Madison> Not before 8 pm you can't
17:37 Agent> I see
17:37 Ted Madison> I have to pay for minutes til then
17:38 Ted Madison> The E-2100 series-does it have an AGP slot/
17:38 Ted Madison> ?
17:39 Agent> No just PCI
17:39 Ted Madison> oh
17:39 Ted Madison> i was looking at a gateway because they have a good
warranty,
17:40 Ted Madison> but i can build one a lot cheaper
17:40 Agent> We have the best in the industry
17:40 Agent> was there a certain system you were looking at?
17:40 Ted Madison> i was wanting a four or five hundred dollar system
17:41 Agent> Well we would be looking at our 310 series in that range
17:41 Ted Madison> the problem is the integrated graphics
17:41 Ted Madison> you can't upgrade
17:42 Ted Madison> we were looking at the low end Servers as well
17:42 Agent> you can put a PCI card in it
17:42 Ted Madison> they seem a great value, but again, no agp slots
17:42 Agent> We do sell PCI Video cards
17:43 Ted Madison> The delta in price between good AGP and PCI cards
will buy a motherboard
17:43 Ted Madison> no offence, but I'd rather have an Asus mbd over an
OEM Intel

<< "Offence"? Is this guy a Limey?-Ed.>>

17:43 Agent> Well are you flexible at all on your budget
17:44 Ted Madison> well, we can build the pc we need for under $500
17:44 Ted Madison> one big problem is the bill tax, I think
17:44 Agent> What state are you in?
17:44 Ted Madison> thats $80 for nothing
17:45 Ted Madison> 316 is kansas
17:45 Ted Madison> The Bill Tax goes to Seattle.
17:45 Agent> what is your zip code?
17:45 Ted Madison> 67***
17:45 Agent> what is the shipping zip?
17:45 Ted Madison> you can use that one or 67***
17:46 Agent> what state is that, KS?
17:46 Ted Madison> indeed
17:47 Agent> Are you sure that is the correct zip, it is not working
for me?
17:48 Ted Madison> try 67***
17:48 Ted Madison> I can have it sent to the <airplane plant run by
shithead with same name as early porn director> plant
17:48 Ted Madison> my wife works there
17:49 Agent> We dont charge sales tax in KS anymore
17:49 Ted Madison> you charge the bill tax everywhere
17:50 Ted Madison> that's why we were looking at the servers
17:50 Ted Madison> no agp slot though
17:50 Agent> no we charge tax to where it is shipped to, Not to the
billing
17:50 Ted Madison> can Iget a desktop without the OS and Works?
17:51 Agent> No
17:51 Ted Madison> there you go
17:51 Agent> That comes standard on every system
17:52 Agent> For the range you are looking we have nothing with an
agp, but did you want to get the 310 on order?
17:52 Ted Madison> sorry
17:52 Ted Madison> http://www.windowsrefund.net/
17:52 Agent> Let me give you my number in case you need anything else.
800-846-20** Ext. *****
17:53 Ted Madison> what I meant is, you have $80 of overhead, because
I have to get the OS license
17:53 Ted Madison> if I build one, that's $80 off the top, or so
17:53 Ted Madison> the bill tax, you see
17:54 Agent> I wish i could help you with that, but that comes
standard
17:54 Ted Madison> if they had an agp slot on the Servers it would
probably work
17:55 Agent> Well is there anything I can help you with other than the
OS?
17:55 Ted Madison> it is kind of silly to have a celeron on the 9210,
though
17:55 Ted Madison> the 710 might work but I think the price is going
to be outside our range
17:56 Agent> Do you have anymore questions for me?
17:56 Ted Madison> is it really so expensive to have an agp slot on a
mbd?
17:56 Agent> It must be, I dont price motherboards very often
17:57 Ted Madison> Pricewatch!
17:57 Ted Madison> yeah,
17:57 Ted Madison> Dell has basically the same thing-it's either no
agp slot or too high
17:57 Agent> Do you have anymore questions for me?
17:57 Party ('Agent') has left the session
17:57 Attention! Agent left this chat room. It will be closed soon.
17:58 Attention! Agent left this chat room. It will be closed soon.

amy

you wasted 30 minutes of this person's time you dickhead. they are trying
to make a living. get a life will ya!