Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.os.linux.networking (More info?)

I previously posted this on c.s.i.p.h.misc but i thought i might be
relevant here and i might get some additional comments.

------------

As part of an assignment for a school project, which counts for the
evaluation of a Hardware course, (the score will be based on the
research and the quality of the discussion), I have written a 2 pages
summary about clusters of PCs, the topics that have to be focused in
are: Clusters of PC's. Applications, typical difficulties when dealing

with these systems, typical hardware used for it.

I will greatly appreciate any information anybody could have for the
completeness of my review, any links that could lead me to better
resources and a better understanding of the subject, and your opinion
in general.

Cluster: Cluster is the joining of several computers (at least 2), to
build what it would seem to be only one (at the point of view of the
user or the internet), but with the power of all of them together,
typically they are built using PCs or UNIX workstations.
Clusters are built mainly with the following applications purposes:
Load balancing.
High- availability.
Parallel- processing.

Full review: http://www.mochima.com/net/hpc

Guillermo Blaxos.

<blaxosguillermo@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>I previously posted this on c.s.i.p.h.misc but i thought i might be
> relevant here and i might get some additional comments.
>
> ------------
>
> As part of an assignment for a school project, which counts for the
> evaluation of a Hardware course, (the score will be based on the
> research and the quality of the discussion), I have written a 2 pages
> summary about clusters of PCs, the topics that have to be focused in
> are: Clusters of PC's. Applications, typical difficulties when dealing
>
> with these systems, typical hardware used for it.
>

> I will greatly appreciate any information anybody could have for the
> completeness of my review, any links that could lead me to better
> resources and a better understanding of the subject, and your opinion
> in general.
>

> Cluster: Cluster is the joining of several computers (at least 2), to
> build what it would seem to be only one (at the point of view of the
> user or the internet), but with the power of all of them together,
> typically they are built using PCs or UNIX workstations.
> Clusters are built mainly with the following applications purposes:
> Load balancing.
> High- availability.
> Parallel- processing.
>

> Full review: http://www.mochima.com/net/hpc
>

> Guillermo Blaxos.

Go find a copy of "In search of clusters" by Greg Pfister.

Digi

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2005

blaxosguillermo@yahoo.ca writes:

> I previously posted this on c.s.i.p.h.misc but i thought i might be
> relevant here and i might get some additional comments.
>
> ------------
>
> As part of an assignment for a school project, which counts for the
> evaluation of a Hardware course, (the score will be based on the
> research and the quality of the discussion), I have written a 2 pages
> summary about clusters of PCs, the topics that have to be focused in
> are: Clusters of PC's. Applications, typical difficulties when dealing
>
> with these systems, typical hardware used for it.
>

> I will greatly appreciate any information anybody could have for the
> completeness of my review, any links that could lead me to better
> resources and a better understanding of the subject, and your opinion
> in general.
>

> Cluster: Cluster is the joining of several computers (at least 2), to
> build what it would seem to be only one (at the point of view of the
> user or the internet), but with the power of all of them together,
> typically they are built using PCs or UNIX workstations.
> Clusters are built mainly with the following applications purposes:
> Load balancing.
> High- availability.
> Parallel- processing.
>

> Full review: http://www.mochima.com/net/hpc
>

> Guillermo Blaxos.

I've done some work with clusters, check out http://digi.nuwen.net/cluster/

Digi
--
"Hawk, we're going to die."
"Never say die... and certainly never say we."

keith

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.os.linux.networking (More info?)

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 07:16:25 -0700, blaxosguillermo wrote:

You know, a proper news-reader would make thins much easier on your
victims.

--
Keith