Equalizer not enabled anymore on Nforce2 card and latest N..

Hi,

I have a pc running Windows XP Service Pack 2 on an NForce 2
motherboard.
I had installed the latest NForce drivers a little while ago (they
don't seem to change anymore and this v5.10).
Initially everything was working fine, the PC was installed at the
beginning of 2005.
After a while though I lost the ability to use the Nforce Equalizer.
I really need this as my loudspeakers are too loud on low-frequency and
I was able to correct this very well with the Nforce's equalizer.
For some reasons it doesn't have any effect anymore. Its settings are
also not saved, e.g when I exit the Equalizer screen and come back
nothing has been saved and all the settings are at 0db.

Reinstalling the drivers did not chane anything.

Does anyone have a suggestion ? There is perhaps a registry key missing
or to reset ?
Or do I need to fully uninstall the NForce drivers before re-installing
them ?

Bitstring <1120331861.635173.170780@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, from
the wonderful person ppravier@hotmail.com said
>Hi,
>
>I have a pc running Windows XP Service Pack 2 on an NForce 2
>motherboard.
>I had installed the latest NForce drivers a little while ago (they
>don't seem to change anymore and this v5.10).
>Initially everything was working fine, the PC was installed at the
>beginning of 2005.
>After a while though I lost the ability to use the Nforce Equalizer.
>I really need this as my loudspeakers are too loud on low-frequency and
>I was able to correct this very well with the Nforce's equalizer.
>For some reasons it doesn't have any effect anymore. Its settings are
>also not saved, e.g when I exit the Equalizer screen and come back
>nothing has been saved and all the settings are at 0db.
>
>Reinstalling the drivers did not chane anything.
>
>Does anyone have a suggestion ? There is perhaps a registry key missing
>or to reset ?
>Or do I need to fully uninstall the NForce drivers before re-installing
>them ?

I posted the same thing about 2-3 weeks ago (Google is your friend). My
solution was to roll back to earlier nVidia motherboard drivers - the
ASUS website does not recommend the ones you have apparently pulled from
nVidia and installed (although they work for some people). I guess this
is another case of 'it ain't broke, don't mess with it'.

If you do find a solution involving the latest drivers, please let us
know!!

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can

TRENDING THREADS