Do I have a problem??

Just run the Intel Processor Indentification Utility on my new
machine. It correctly identifies a Pentium 4 EE 3.73. However, it
reports that the speed is 2.80 rather than 3.73 and that the system
bus is 802MHz rather than 1066 MHz.

Do I have a problem?

Peter

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:32:59 GMT, Peter Guest <plg@blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:

>Just run the Intel Processor Indentification Utility on my new
>machine. It correctly identifies a Pentium 4 EE 3.73. However, it
>reports that the speed is 2.80 rather than 3.73 and that the system
>bus is 802MHz rather than 1066 MHz.
>
>Do I have a problem?

Yes, yes you do. As you've correctly deduced here, you're system bus
is set incorrectly for the processor. This is something that is
usually auto-detected, but might be controller in the BIOS of the
motherboard. Try going through your BIOS settings and see if you can
either set your bus speed to "Auto" (if it's manually set to 800MT/s)
or manually set it to 1066MT/s.

This is, of course, assuming that the motherboard does indeed support
a 1066MT/s bus speed.

Tony Hill