shadowz

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2005

Hi,

I just ordered a Dell Inspion 600m w/ the Intel 855PM chipset.

Question: What kind of RAM does it use?

#2: Can I use two chips of unequaled value of RAM? (I was thinking
of adding a 1 GB chip to the onboard 256 MB one)

Thanx!

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Chips-Intel-855PM-ftopict58580.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=296603

keith

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 03:35:35 -0400, Shadowz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just ordered a Dell Inspion 600m w/ the Intel 855PM chipset.
>
> Question: What kind of RAM does it use?

Crucial says it uses unbuffered non-ECC PC2100 200-pin SODIMS.

> #2: Can I use two chips of unequaled value of RAM? (I was thinking
> of adding a 1 GB chip to the onboard 256 MB one)

Unequal sizes shouldn't matter. I'd go for the guaranteed-to-work (for
life) Crucial for $140. What a deal.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?model=Inspiron+600m&tabid=AM

--
Keith