Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Verizon Now Only Offers Flip Phones

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 12:13:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Much to my dismay I see the only non-flip offered is a Samsung model
(has a slide-up screen cover).

Gone are the Moto and Kyocera "candy-bar" phones...:-(

Was planning on renewing my Verizon contract but will have to
reconsider since neither myself or my wife like flip phones!

Are "candy-bar" phones history in general with all carriers?

Pegleg
U.S. Navy Retired
Support Our Troops

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words:
freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 8:33:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Hmmm... Unless something has changed where Verizon is actively ditching
all candybar phones, it's probably just a temporary thing. Maybe if
you wait a few months there will be some new phones coming out.

I just looked on the verizon website (www.verizonwireless.com) and
found the Motorola T300P, Kyocera KX444 and Samsung SCH-n330, all of
which are candybar style phones. You might have to order online, which
has some disadvantages (call customer service for more info) but you
should be satisfied by one of those phones.

Good luck
-Matt


--
impretzle
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t182680.html
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 8:33:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:33:07 -0500, impretzle
<impretzle.1slc4z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
>I just looked on the verizon website (www.verizonwireless.com) and
>found the Motorola T300P, Kyocera KX444 and Samsung SCH-n330, all of
>which are candybar style phones. You might have to order online, which
>has some disadvantages (call customer service for more info) but you
>should be satisfied by one of those phones.
The Moto and Kyocera are PTT phones.

Pegleg
U.S. Navy Retired
Support Our Troops

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words:
freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 1:31:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:13:20 -0700, Pegleg
<brian-s-jones@comcast.spam.net> wrote:
>Gone are the Moto and Kyocera "candy-bar" phones...:-(

I like my Kyocera 2235 better than my wife's LG VX4500.
I think my phone works better, too.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 1:31:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:31:47 GMT, Bob Scheurle
<njtbob@X-verizon-X.net> wrote:

>I like my Kyocera 2235 better than my wife's LG VX4500.
>I think my phone works better, too.
Not sure what your point was/is...those phones aren't even listed at
the Verizon web site!

Pegleg
U.S. Navy Retired
Support Our Troops

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words:
freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 1:40:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Pegleg wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:31:47 GMT, Bob Scheurle
> <njtbob@X-verizon-X.net> wrote:
>
>
>>I like my Kyocera 2235 better than my wife's LG VX4500.
>>I think my phone works better, too.
>
> Not sure what your point was/is...those phones aren't even listed at
> the Verizon web site!

They were, at one time, offered by Verizon...
--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek 888-480-4638 PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Company website: http://JustThe.net/
Personal blog, resume, portfolio: http://SteveSobol.com/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 1:58:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

If you are interested I would sell you my phone, I have a Kyocera KX2
and of course I would get a new one and give you that one not the one I
have now. Another option if your interested is you get the phone I want
and I will pay you the difference if there is one and you just get my
phone. Sort of like a trade. I'm not really disatisfied w/ the KX2 ..I
just think the LG8100 is better.


--
bhew85
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t182680.html
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 5:10:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:18:46 -0700, Pegleg
<brian-s-jones@comcast.spam.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:33:07 -0500, impretzle
><impretzle.1slc4z@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
>>I just looked on the verizon website (www.verizonwireless.com) and
>>found the Motorola T300P, Kyocera KX444 and Samsung SCH-n330, all of
>>which are candybar style phones. You might have to order online, which
>>has some disadvantages (call customer service for more info) but you
>>should be satisfied by one of those phones.
>The Moto and Kyocera are PTT phones.
>

The KX444 would be a nice option for me to give up my 3+ year old
3035e, but alas, I'd have to pay extra for that damn PTT service
(which I'd never use) just to get it.

But this one would be nice, too. assuming VZW will carry it.

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/prisma-phone/


Kyocera also has this candybar due out soon, but this one makes no
mention of CDMA, like the one above did.

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/dorado-phone/
!