Intel will now allow its OEMs to sell AMD chips

Excerpts from the Greater-China press: July 14
"Sources in the PC industry hinted that Intel has informed its OEM
customers that they are allowed to adopt AMD processors in products
that are usually based on Intel CPUs. More new PCs, including
Fujitsu-Siemens Esprimo E and P models, based on AMD processors are
expected to hit the market in 2H. For AMD, the lawsuit against the chip
giant seems to be working in the OEM market."

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20050714PR203.html

No, but we'll likely see Turions from places we've never seen an AMD
processor from before. Dell will be the last holdout.

Yousuf Khan

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 07:07:38 -0700, YKhan wrote:

> llow its OEMs to sell AMD chips
> From: "YKhan" <yjkhan@gmail.com>
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
> Date: 14 Jul 2005 07:07:38 -0700
>
> Excerpts from the Greater-China press: July 14 "Sources in the PC industry
> hinted that Intel has informed its OEM customers that they are allowed to
> adopt AMD processors in products that are usually based on Intel CPUs.
> More new PCs, including Fujitsu-Siemens Esprimo E and P models, based on
> AMD processors are expected to hit the market in 2H. For AMD, the lawsuit
> against the chip giant seems to be working in the OEM market."
>
> http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20050714PR203.html

Anybody seriously think this means we are going to see dell opteron
servers