Norton v. Zonealarm

Hi

I am a private use. I am look for the best software firewall for my
desktop. I am not sure wich of them is the best firewall.
Is there somebody that can help me?

Best Regards
Biks

In article <e8d5e89.0407192313.6b75d061
@posting.google.com>, mr.biks@gmail.com says...
> I am a private use. I am look for the best software firewall for my
> desktop. I am not sure wich of them is the best firewall.
> Is there somebody that can help me?
>
> Best Regards
> Biks

ZoneAlarm Pro is more consistent and does not nag to allow
programs to access the net the way Norton Personal Firewall
does. Basically, set ZAP once and it works with no further
attention. However, the next to most recent upgrade was
very unstable and crashed many user systems with no warning
or error, not even a BSOD. The current version seems OK,
but I am waiting for the next update which is said to be
even more stable.
--
Murray

Scott

Mr. Biks wrote:

> I am a private use. I am look for the best software firewall for my
> desktop. I am not sure wich of them is the best firewall.

Neither of them.

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

"Scott" <noreply@here.org> a écrit dans le message de
> Mr. Biks wrote:
>
> > I am a private use. I am look for the best software firewall for my
> > desktop. I am not sure wich of them is the best firewall.
>
> Neither of them.

For outbound protection, the best I found is Look'n Stop 2.05 firewall. It
blocks Firehole, Yalta, Tooleaky, Outbound and Gibson's Leak tests. I've
tried F-Secure, ZoneAlarm, Sygate, McFee, Guardian, Norton, PC-Cillin and
none of them could do that, at least without tampering.

http://www.looknstop.com/En/index2.htm

Don