Looks like all Pentium-D's are supported by Nvidia Nforce

Previously it was reported that Nvidia Nforce chipsets would support
all Pentium-D's except the lowest speed 2.8Ghz version. This got some
of our heads scratching as to what the difference was between the
Pentium-D's? Well, it looks like Nforce will work with 2.8Ghz afterall,
Nvidia just didn't feel anyone would want to use Nforce with that
model. Go figure. :-)

Dual core does work on Nforce 4 Intel edition
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25129

Yousuf Khan
2 answers Last reply
More about looks pentium supported nvidia nforce

    On 3 Aug 2005 13:52:15 -0700, "YKhan" <yjkhan@gmail.com> wrote:

    >Nvidia just didn't feel anyone would want to use Nforce with that
    >model. Go figure. :-)

    Ya right!

    On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:47:46 -0500, Ed <spam@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >On 3 Aug 2005 13:52:15 -0700, "YKhan" <yjkhan@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Nvidia just didn't feel anyone would want to use Nforce with that
    >>model. Go figure. :-)
    >>
    >Ya right!
    While technically it is no big deal to enable support, it may be
    contrary to the letter of the licensing agreement between INTC and
    NVDA, or possibly some unwritten agreements. INTC would not want
    another competitor in chipset business, so probably it would make
    business sence for them to limit NVDA to only high end enthusiast
    market (read: very limited niche). In that capacity, Nforce would
    bring Pentium the SLI platform necessary for the bragging rights, but
    would not eat Intel's share of mid-level boards.

CPUs Pentium Nvidia