Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PS2 players, help us PC guys out!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 1:45:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

Hi

I'm eagerly awaiting SA for the PC, should be playing it within the next
couple of days I hope.

Are there any "non-spoiler" tips that the PS2 people can help us out with to
stop us falling into any newbie problems?

More about : ps2 players guys

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 3:16:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:42A81B14.13A3092F@blueyonder.co.uk... [lots of great advice]

Wow. It's hard to add much to Paul's post.

Let me also recommend the fire truck mission early. Doing it through level
12 not only makes you fire proof but gets you about $50,000 -- and money is
hard to come by early in the game just from the storyline missions. (Bad
memories of the VC fire mission? Don't sweat it. The SA fire mission is
MUCH easier than the VC one. They fixed the problems that made the VC
mission such a nightmare. You may actually LIKE the SA version.)

To get a truck.... There IS one that spawns to the east of the Mulholland
Intersection near a building, but I'm not sure how early in the game.
Perhaps from the beginning. It's not very reliable. Sometimes you have to
leave the area and come back several times before it will spawn. The
easiest way to get one is just to cause a fire, wait, jack. There's at
least one Molotov pick-up available in the beginning (probably two), or you
can blow up a car by shooting it, crashing it, flipping it, or even just
hitting and kicking it (or, hell, just stake out a spot where cars pile
THEMSELVES up and blow, like on the freeway just south of the Mulholland
Intersection).

Oh. And you guys are going to LOVE the fact that water no longer means
death, and the fact that CJ can CLIMB on most things he can reach by
jumping. That's right: CJ can use his ARMS to climb on stuff! What an
idea. Lara Croft's only been doing that for 8 or 9 years now...

--cleve
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 6:02:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

"Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com> wrote in message
news:42a8019d$1@nntp.onyx.net...
> Hi
>
> I'm eagerly awaiting SA for the PC, should be playing it within the next
> couple of days I hope.
>
> Are there any "non-spoiler" tips that the PS2 people can help us out with
> to stop us falling into any newbie problems?


This is the best tip I could give you: http://hem.bredband.net/708145/

This site gives you maps of:

2 Player Freeroam/Rampage Locations (San Andreas) (Not needed for 100%)
Horseshoe Locations (Las Venturas)
Oyster Locations (San Andreas)
Snapshot Locations (San Fierro)
Tag Locations (Los Santos)
Unique Stunt Jump Locations (San Andreas) (Not needed for 100%)
School/Asset Locations
Items/Weapons Map

Good Luck and enjoy!
Related resources
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 9:21:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

Chris Wright wrote:

> Great post Paul, thanks a lot for that. I just hope I don't have to wait to
> long until I can put all of that good advice into practice.
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris

Happy to help, and hope you get as much fun out of it as I have!
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
-------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 10:35:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:42A81B14.13A3092F@blueyonder.co.uk...
> Chris Wright wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm eagerly awaiting SA for the PC, should be playing it within the next
> > couple of days I hope.
> >
> > Are there any "non-spoiler" tips that the PS2 people can help us out
with to
> > stop us falling into any newbie problems?
>
> Do the ambulance missions as soon as possible.

I disagree with only this, save some potential aggrevation and wait until
Angel Pine to do this mission where it's a hell of a lot easier to do. The
Los Santos missions are all easy enough that they the extra health isn't
necessary.
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 11:26:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

Cleve wrote:

> Oh. And you guys are going to LOVE the fact that water no longer means
> death, and the fact that CJ can CLIMB on most things he can reach by
> jumping. That's right: CJ can use his ARMS to climb on stuff! What an
> idea. Lara Croft's only been doing that for 8 or 9 years now...
>
> --cleve

It's awful when you switch back to vice city or GTA3 and stand there
jumping into a wall like a complete imbecile, but not as awful as
leaping off a jetty before remembering that little swimming trick
don't work.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
-------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 4:29:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

Corey Simonator wrote:
>
> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:42A81B14.13A3092F@blueyonder.co.uk...
> > Chris Wright wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I'm eagerly awaiting SA for the PC, should be playing it within the next
> > > couple of days I hope.
> > >
> > > Are there any "non-spoiler" tips that the PS2 people can help us out
> with to
> > > stop us falling into any newbie problems?
> >
> > Do the ambulance missions as soon as possible.
>
> I disagree with only this, save some potential aggrevation and wait until
> Angel Pine to do this mission where it's a hell of a lot easier to do. The
> Los Santos missions are all easy enough that they the extra health isn't
> necessary.

I just realised after you posted this that I did the mission in the
wrong place, though it was fairly easy. Montgomery I think is the name
of the place, one of those hick towns on Los Santos. I wouldn't say it
was a breeze but it was easier than in the city. My way i could get it
under my belt earlier in the game, but each to their own.

The vigilante missions, on the other hand, I couldn't do until the
third island opened as I hate them so much I just steal a tank and go
on a canon crazy rampage :o ) That was until someone pointed out the
glitch.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
-------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 4:29:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:42A8DED9.D26D30FF@blueyonder.co.uk...

>
> I just realised after you posted this that I did the mission in the
> wrong place, though it was fairly easy. Montgomery I think is the name
> of the place, one of those hick towns on Los Santos. I wouldn't say it
> was a breeze but it was easier than in the city. My way i could get it
> under my belt earlier in the game, but each to their own.

I've done it at Montgomery but didn't like how much traveling had to be done
to Dillimore and Palamino Creek. That's another one of the benefits of doing
the mission at Angel Pine is never having to leave the very small area
making the mission really quick; it's essentially fail proof.

> The vigilante missions, on the other hand, I couldn't do until the
> third island opened as I hate them so much I just steal a tank and go
> on a canon crazy rampage :o ) That was until someone pointed out the
> glitch.

I do the vigilante missions at Los Santos once I've gathered enough machine
gun ammo. I do them on one of the cop motorcycles since I enjoy the
challenge on the vigilante missions. I usually wait until I have 3,000
bullets or so just to be safe.

What is the glitch?

I'm in San Fierro right now on my first time through on the x-box version.
June 11, 2005 3:26:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

WATCH OUT FOR FALLING PLANES...especially when you're leaving the bookies.
;-)
June 11, 2005 3:28:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:42A897D3.E2EB0271@blueyonder.co.uk...
> Cleve wrote:
>
>> Oh. And you guys are going to LOVE the fact that water no longer means
>> death, and the fact that CJ can CLIMB on most things he can reach by
>> jumping. That's right: CJ can use his ARMS to climb on stuff! What an
>> idea. Lara Croft's only been doing that for 8 or 9 years now...
>>
>> --cleve
>
> It's awful when you switch back to vice city or GTA3 and stand there
> jumping into a wall like a complete imbecile, but not as awful as
> leaping off a jetty before remembering that little swimming trick
> don't work.
> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> -------------------------------------------------------
> Stop and Look
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

So true...so why do i keep doing it?
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 4:08:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

Razor wrote:
>
> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:42A897D3.E2EB0271@blueyonder.co.uk...
> > Cleve wrote:
> >
> >> Oh. And you guys are going to LOVE the fact that water no longer means
> >> death, and the fact that CJ can CLIMB on most things he can reach by
> >> jumping. That's right: CJ can use his ARMS to climb on stuff! What an
> >> idea. Lara Croft's only been doing that for 8 or 9 years now...
> >>
> >> --cleve
> >
> > It's awful when you switch back to vice city or GTA3 and stand there
> > jumping into a wall like a complete imbecile, but not as awful as
> > leaping off a jetty before remembering that little swimming trick
> > don't work.
> > --
> > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> > -------------------------------------------------------
> > Stop and Look
> > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
>
> So true...so why do i keep doing it?

Because it's fun anyway :o ))

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
-------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 3:58:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

"Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> writes:

> The SA fire mission is MUCH easier than the VC one. They fixed the
> problems that made the VC mission such a nightmare. You may actually
> LIKE the SA version.)

Maybe they fixed the VC fire mission for the PC version already, since
I didn't have any problems with it? I think I got it on the second
try.

I couldn't pass the fire missions with SA on PS2, though. It seems the
camera is difficult, if you get close to the fire, then you can't see
the area in front of the truck very well. Oh well, we'll see, I'll
probably buy a copy for my PC on Saturday.
!