treo 600 ESN question

Last response: in Network Providers
July 23, 2005 10:17:45 PM

hey all

i bought a treo 600 off ebay. 1st mistake. it has the verizon logo imprinted
on it and appears in every way to be a verizon phone, EXCEPT--verizon
reps/tech support say the ESN is not registered with verizon (when i called
to switch from my old phone to the treo). they said they still support 600s
snf that if it was a Verizon phone, theyd have the ESN. but thats not the
case.

any idea whats wrong? how do i rectify the situation so i can get it to work
on verizon?

thanks

rbh martin

More about : treo 600 esn question

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 8:52:37 PM

rbh martin III <rutherfordb@hotmail.com> wrote:
> i bought a treo 600 off ebay. 1st mistake. it has the verizon logo imprinted
> on it and appears in every way to be a verizon phone, EXCEPT--verizon
> reps/tech support say the ESN is not registered with verizon (when i called
> to switch from my old phone to the treo). they said they still support 600s
> snf that if it was a Verizon phone, theyd have the ESN. but thats not the
> case.
>
> how do i rectify the situation so i can get it to work on verizon?

Uh... take it to a Verizon store to show them.

- Paul
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 11:22:14 PM

Paul J. Lucas wrote:
> rbh martin III <rutherfordb@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> i bought a treo 600 off ebay. 1st mistake. it has the
>> verizon logo imprinted on it and appears in every way to
>> be a verizon phone, EXCEPT--verizon reps/tech support
>> say the ESN is not registered with verizon (when i
>> called to switch from my old phone to the treo). they
>> said they still support 600s snf that if it was a
>> Verizon phone, theyd have the ESN. but thats not the
>> case.
>>
>> how do i rectify the situation so i can get it to work
>> on verizon?
>
> Uh... take it to a Verizon store to show them.

Probably the best thing to do...
I don't understand what the problem is though. VZW
doesn't care if the phone came from them or not. If
it's compatible with the network (CDMA) and not
blacklisted they will activate it.

What does "not registered with verizon" mean?
Currently not activated on the network? or
Was not originally sold by VZW?

If it's the later then it looks like somebody is putting
together or repairing damaged phones with parts
and selling them on eBay. Make one good phone
from one that works but has a damaged screen or
case and another phone with a good case but other
problems.

Even so, VZW shouldn't have a problem activating
it.

-Quick
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 6:26:33 PM

Yes, if you take it to a store, if someone agrees with you, they can get the
ESN into the system for you. But there is always a chance that you've been
swindled. Maybe the phone isn't mfg or labeled to be on VZW. If the phone
was mfg for vzw, then it should be in their database, but it could just be
an ooops. dr
--
dr.news Better Price? (not better than you deserve, just more than you are
used to)

"Paul J. Lucas" <pauljlucas.removethis@removethistoo.mac.com> wrote in
message news:p HPEe.67$iM7.35@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...

!