Problems with Common Client Update

Last response: in Networking
a b 8 Security
July 20, 2004 6:44:02 PM

I have been trying to update my Norton Personal Firewall, but I have
been unsuccessful and getting the following warning:

"Common Client Update

The update was not completed.

The update process was unable to complete successfully.
Please click the Details button for more information."

Any idea on what to do about this?

Thanks in advance.

CR
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 21, 2004 8:08:42 PM

[This followup was posted to comp.security.firewalls and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article <603f70d8.0407201344.5570093f@posting.google.com>,
rivituso@medianet.pl says...
> I have been trying to update my Norton Personal Firewall, but I have
> been unsuccessful and getting the following warning:
>
> "Common Client Update
>
> The update was not completed.
>
> The update process was unable to complete successfully.
> Please click the Details button for more information."
>
> Any idea on what to do about this?

Try disabling the firewall (and Norton AntiVirus if you have it), then
try running Live Update. Also, try rebooting, and doing the update as soon
as possible.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
!