Hard Disk Solo 5300

Hello:

My son has a "dead" Solo 5300 which we are not planning to repair.

We think the data on the HD is intact.

What can we do to salvage the HD data?

Thanks in advance,
Tim
1 answer Last reply
More about hard disk solo 5300

    Purchase a cable to allow installing the drive into a desktop (about $10 or
    less), and mount it in a desktop. If the drive itself is functional, you
    can read the data and copy it to the destkop drive.

    If the drive is damaged, and you need the data, you can try Ontrack
    (www.ontrack.com) or another similar drive forensics company - but brace
    yourself for the cost ($5,000US+ for a moderate size drive).

    "T Brox" <wtbrox@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > My son has a "dead" Solo 5300 which we are not planning to repair.
    >
    > We think the data on the HD is intact.
    >
    > What can we do to salvage the HD data?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Tim