Hard Disk Solo 5300

Last response: in Computer Brands
August 29, 2004 10:45:15 AM

Hello:

My son has a "dead" Solo 5300 which we are not planning to repair.

We think the data on the HD is intact.

What can we do to salvage the HD data?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

More about : hard disk solo 5300

Anonymous
August 29, 2004 2:29:24 PM

Purchase a cable to allow installing the drive into a desktop (about $10 or
less), and mount it in a desktop. If the drive itself is functional, you
can read the data and copy it to the destkop drive.

If the drive is damaged, and you need the data, you can try Ontrack
(www.ontrack.com) or another similar drive forensics company - but brace
yourself for the cost ($5,000US+ for a moderate size drive).

!