Linksys WRV54G

Last response: in Networking
Share
July 20, 2004 9:11:58 PM

Tell me it aint so... it appears that a blank login and password is
accepted from the internet for full administrator rights on the
WRV54G. Is there any way to turn this off?

Thanks

More about : linksys wrv54g

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 21, 2004 5:02:04 AM

klubar@emiboston.com (klubar) wrote in news:e59a2340.0407201611.1e55ccd3
@posting.google.com:

> Tell me it aint so... it appears that a blank login and password is
> accepted from the internet for full administrator rights on the
> WRV54G. Is there any way to turn this off?
>
> Thanks

It's called router configuration. The router has an Admin screen where a
user-id and psw can be set by the administrator of the router. If you
forget either one and cannot login to the router, then the *Reset* button
held down for 30 seconds will reset it back to the factory defaults,
including the user-id and psw which are apparently blanks.

I suggest that you RTM.

Duane :)
!