Linksys WRV54G

Tell me it aint so... it appears that a blank login and password is
accepted from the internet for full administrator rights on the
WRV54G. Is there any way to turn this off?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about linksys wrv54g

    klubar@emiboston.com (klubar) wrote in news:e59a2340.0407201611.1e55ccd3
    @posting.google.com:

    > Tell me it aint so... it appears that a blank login and password is
    > accepted from the internet for full administrator rights on the
    > WRV54G. Is there any way to turn this off?
    >
    > Thanks

    It's called router configuration. The router has an Admin screen where a
    user-id and psw can be set by the administrator of the router. If you
    forget either one and cannot login to the router, then the *Reset* button
    held down for 30 seconds will reset it back to the factory defaults,
    including the user-id and psw which are apparently blanks.

    I suggest that you RTM.

    Duane :)

Firewalls Linksys Security Networking