toxicogen

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2003
Has anybody played crimson skies yet (its an xbox game)???
How was it and how is the multiplayer feature?

Or is this the wrong place to talk about xbox games?

Life's a joke so start laughing

JJStorm

Distinguished
May 21, 2003
I played the pc version, it was fun, but it depends on what you expect from flyers. This one is an arcade game thru & thru. The missions are nice and varied but the multiplayer is limited to death matches and probably wont keep you that entertained for long if youre looking for multi.

But like i said that was the PC version

toxicogen

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2003
Thanks I think I'll get it, now just to finish this paper and get my degree (before I go buying games)

Life's a joke and so am I

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
Game was really good though single player was too short IMO, havn't gotten to multi yet. I liked how instead of making the usual 3D cut-scenes, they show pre-rendered movies, which look great!

----------
I'm a nuclear reactor cooling system programmer, if you see me running, it's probably already too late.

toxicogen

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2003
Tried to, I get a blank screen...

<b>EDIT:</b>Nevermind I tried on my laptop with XP and it worked (98SE is getting to be a REAL pain in the ass...)

If all else fails: Read The Manual<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by toxicogen on 12/01/03 07:12 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

BOP_Zardoz

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2003
I've Played the original for over a year now Online... We have a tight community over at MSN Gaming Zone (www.zone.com). The ORIGINAL game Rocks... One of the most fun online Flying experiences. Its got enough simulation to it that it requires some skill in flying... As in Real Arcraft controls... None of this ARCADE (Star Wars Rouge Squadron BS) Yes i have played the X-Box version... Visually it is stunning. But as far as flying... it doesnt quite make the cut for me. Its kinda like this Secret Weapons Over Normandy... Its total arcade BS. The game developers should take note that there are many other gamers out there (owning PCs or Consoles) who enjoy more "Realistic" gaming... I dont want to know im losing to some punk kid who knows all the button Combo's. I want it to be someone with some true skill... Go out and buy yourself a copy of the original Crimson. SEE ya in The ZONE!!

gobeavers

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2003
About realistic gaming, I think that they just leave that part to the simulators, someone picking up Crimson Skies probably isn't looking for a simulation. Look at the planes, are those realistic???

BOP_Zardoz

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2003
I dont think i clarified very well what i mean. Here is what i mean... They could at least have left the flight controls so that they at least somewhat "Act and Behave" like a plane... As in rudder controls and no StarFox64 Style Combos that do barrel rolls and turn you around.. Thats just plain silly for a plane game... This game is pretty much a matter of point and shot.. there isnt really a whole lot to getting your plane there. in the original.. believe it or not.. you ... omg... FLY... your plane around in order to get at your enemies... and to shake them you dont just press a button so your plane whips around, rolls, and you pull the trigger... you actually.. throttle down, pull up, twist the rudder to the desired direction, let your plane stall... spin around, still controlling the fall of your plane.. then bam kick the throttle back up to find that you're right on the Noobs Six.... then you proceed to unleash 3 He Rockets and a barrage of bullets , tearing your enemy to peices!