Help me I'm a Noob

I reasently bought a Amd simpron 2400+ put i have already fried it by
puting its heatsink on backwards. I need to know if there is a way
to fix my cpu, and if so how to do it.

Btw my worranty with amd has run out
7 answers Last reply
More about help noob

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:33:22 GMT,
    takinard@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (LtTalos) wrote:

    >I reasently bought a Amd simpron 2400+ put i have already fried it by
    >puting its heatsink on backwards. I need to know if there is a way
    >to fix my cpu, and if so how to do it.

    Yup, but unfortunately it'll cost you $63 + shipping.

    Step 1. Take your current processor and toss it in the garbage

    Step 2. Buy a new processor such as the following:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819104226

    Step 3. Take extra care to make sure you put the heatsink on the right
    way this time! :>

    >Btw my worranty with amd has run out

    Even if you still had a warranty it is likely that this would not be
    covered.

    -------------
    Tony Hill

    Sorry. Get a new cpu. At least you didn't burn an FX-57.

    (LtTalos) wrote:

    >I reasently bought a Amd simpron 2400+ put i have already fried it by
    >puting its heatsink on backwards. I need to know if there is a way
    >to fix my cpu, and if so how to do it.
    >
    >Btw my worranty with amd has run out

    You'll have to buy a new one, and install it correctly!!!

    AMD HeatSink Install for Socket-A http://tinyurl.com/3ue5
    AMD HeatSink Install for Socket-754 http://tinyurl.com/463xn

    hth,
    Ed

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:49:15 -0400, Tony Hill
    <hilla_nospam_20@yahoo.ca> wrote:

    >>Btw my worranty with amd has run out
    >
    >Even if you still had a warranty it is likely that this would not be
    >covered.

    You would still be covered if you just played dumb and said, "my cpu
    no worky".

    Ed wrote:
    > AMD HeatSink Install for Socket-A http://tinyurl.com/3ue5
    > AMD HeatSink Install for Socket-754 http://tinyurl.com/463xn

    Good find, always wondered why these videos didn't exist before.

    Yousuf Khan

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 00:23:13 GMT, Praxiteles Democritus
    <no@email.here> wrote:

    >On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:49:15 -0400, Tony Hill
    ><hilla_nospam_20@yahoo.ca> wrote:
    >

    >>>Btw my worranty with amd has run out
    >>
    >>Even if you still had a warranty it is likely that this would not be
    >>covered.
    >
    >You would still be covered if you just played dumb and said, "my cpu
    >no worky".

    Puhleeease... The poor guy doesn't have to _play_ dumb, because
    that's what he really is (evident from both his spelling and his
    action). Don't incite him to become a fraudster on top of that.

    NNN

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:59:18 -0400, Yousuf Khan <bbbl67@ezrs.com> wrote:
    >Good find, always wondered why these videos didn't exist before.
    >
    > Yousuf Khan

    The Socket-A videos have been on AMD's reseller page for a few years, I
    used to post that link on a daily basis for newbies who already blew up
    one chip or a newb that was smart enough to ask Qs first! ;p

    btw the broken s754 link was a copy of CH.4 from this Guide
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/30925.pdf

    Cheers,
    Ed
    --