I lost My Cell Phone

Last response: in Network Providers
July 25, 2005 12:27:09 AM

From Bones46@webtv.net
I lost my cell phone and don't know when or how. On Saturday 7/23/05 at
9pm I noticed it wasn't with my wallet and keys on my dresser. I worked
all day and usually keep my phone in my left pants pocket and my car
keys in my right pocket. I think for once i put my keys in my left
pocket with the phone.
When i didn't see my phone i looked in my pants pocket and the hamper.
It wasn't there. I went out to the car and looked in and out of the car.
It wasn't there. I called work and nobody saw my phone or nobody turned
one into the office. I called Verizon and they suspended service. I
called the insurance and they want a police report. I called the police
and left a message. Getting back to the insurance they said I will have
to pay the $50.00 deductable to get a new replacement phone. Im going
back to work Monday and hope my phone is somewhere at work. I will keep
everybody posted because everybody loses a cell phone, Im sure!!!
Bob

http://community.webtv.net/bones46/BobSeifertsWebPage0

http://community-2.webtv.net/bones46/BobSeifertsWebPage...

More about : lost cell phone

Anonymous
July 25, 2005 12:27:10 AM

kroger Bobb wrote:

> From Bones46@webtv.net
> I lost my cell phone and don't know when or how. On Saturday 7/23/05 at
> 9pm I noticed it wasn't with my wallet and keys on my dresser. I worked
> all day and usually keep my phone in my left pants pocket and my car
> keys in my right pocket. I think for once i put my keys in my left
> pocket with the phone.
> When i didn't see my phone i looked in my pants pocket and the hamper.
> It wasn't there. I went out to the car and looked in and out of the car.
> It wasn't there. I called work and nobody saw my phone or nobody turned
> one into the office. I called Verizon and they suspended service. I
> called the insurance and they want a police report. I called the police
> and left a message. Getting back to the insurance they said I will have
> to pay the $50.00 deductable to get a new replacement phone. Im going
> back to work Monday and hope my phone is somewhere at work. I will keep
> everybody posted because everybody loses a cell phone, Im sure!!!

Well, because you've already suspended service, it won't work, but I would
have called the phone and left my home phone number as a text message.

If anyone found it, hopefully they would have called me.

Notan
July 25, 2005 3:13:54 AM

kroger Bobb wrote:

> From Bones46@webtv.net
> I have my other phone numbers ( I have two) taped to the back of the
> phone. I did call the cell before I suspended it and nobody answered.

Well, with a little luck, as you said, it might be at work.

Good Luck!

Notan
July 25, 2005 9:27:26 AM

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:27:09 -0400, bones46@webtv.net (kroger Bobb)
wrote:

>I lost my cell phone and don't know when or how. On Saturday 7/23/05 at
>9pm I noticed it wasn't with my wallet and keys on my dresser. I worked
>all day and usually keep my phone in my left pants pocket and my car
>keys in my right pocket. I think for once i put my keys in my left
>pocket with the phone.

I don't know if this is obvious or not, but did you try calling the
number of the cellphone? If it's around your house you'll hear it
ring. If someone found it they may be able to tell you where to
retrieve it (if they didn't steal it.)

- -
July 25, 2005 12:14:26 PM

> kroger Bobb wrote:
>
>>From Bones46@webtv.net
>>I have my other phone numbers ( I have two) taped to the back of the
>>phone. I did call the cell before I suspended it and nobody answered.

I have lost mine several times, found it once in the side of my lounge
chair and once under the chair. Also set it down on the floor of the car
and thought it was lost. In other words just temporarily misplaced.
Wish you luck.

Lee
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 5:39:12 AM

That's a good idea, taping the phone number on the back of the phone. I
also put REWARD to help keep folks honest.
To bad it wasn't left on, so you could hunt for the ring. Can't tell
you how many times this has saved me, especially when a phone got lost
out in tall grass, while hiking. I used a prepaid backup phone to dial
for half an hour while listening for the ringtone.

I also keep a backup phone, ready to go, complete with address book, to
avoid service interuptions. Just a call to CS to activate it, instead
of the police report, insurance scramble. If you lose a business phone,
it can cost lots of money to be phoneless for a few days, not to
mention the inconvenience and mental anguish. Good backup phones are
cheap on Ebay, but most phone users have at least one laying around

The backup phone is my insurance, and much better than being phoneless.
I use to keep a backup in the car trunk for an even faster ESN
swap...probably should start again, since you never no when a phone
will get lost or break.
-
David
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 6:21:28 AM

On 2005-07-25, Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I don't know if this is obvious or not, but did you try calling the
> number of the cellphone? If it's around your house you'll hear it
> ring. If someone found it they may be able to tell you where to
> retrieve it (if they didn't steal it.)

I've done this a ton of times with my pager...

"Damn where is it"
<forage forage>
"Screw this"
<dial phone>
<hit keys>

"beep beep"

only works if you dont have it on vibrate :)

--
Sick of USENET postwhores? Trolls? Flamers?
Read the Killfile FAQ for Newsgroups to learn

From Bones46@webtv.net
I did call it when I realized it was missing. It was turned off just
like when I left it. I thenhad Verizon suspend service, as they call it.
This evening I had the police fax me the Incident report for a lost cell
phone. I called the insurance company and they have promised a new phone
on Wednesday. I have to pay the $50 deductable. I wonder if I can keep
my old number? Oh well!! That's life!! Bob

http://community.webtv.net/bones46/BobSeifertsWebPage0

http://community-2.webtv.net/bones46/BobSeifertsWebPage...
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 6:21:30 AM

kroger Bobb wrote:

> on Wednesday. I have to pay the $50 deductable. I wonder if I can keep
> my old number?

Yes, you can. Procedurally speaking, this situation isn't really any
different from buying a new phone and activating it...

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
!