Redirect outside traffic on a specific internal address on..

Last response: in Networking
July 21, 2004 10:56:45 AM

I have a pix506, version 6.3(3)
I have a /30 class for my public addresses. One ip is taken by the
router and one by the firewall outside address.
All inside clients connect to the internet via PAT on the FW interface

I would like to redirect all incoming traffic to the pix outside
address on a specific port (say http for example) to one specific
server on the inside.
This is due to the lack of IP addresses in order to establish a NAT,
so my only option is to use the FW IP.
Is it possible to do this? Can I do this via PDM?

Thanks
Dave
July 21, 2004 7:18:02 PM

"Dave Bowman" <dbwmn2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a pix506, version 6.3(3)
> I have a /30 class for my public addresses. One ip is taken by the
> router and one by the firewall outside address.
> All inside clients connect to the internet via PAT on the FW interface
>
> I would like to redirect all incoming traffic to the pix outside
> address on a specific port (say http for example) to one specific
> server on the inside.
> This is due to the lack of IP addresses in order to establish a NAT,
> so my only option is to use the FW IP.
> Is it possible to do this? Can I do this via PDM?
>
> Thanks
> Dave

Port forwarding using the "interface" keyword ..

static (inside,outside) tcp interface www 192.168.1.100 www netmask
255.255.255.255

Don't forget to allow the port on your external ACL.

Chris.
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 12:28:30 PM

Thanks Chris!
So the PDM isn't supporting this feature, I assume

Dave

"Chris" <chris@domain.com> wrote in message news:<Ef2dnXAtbMgL5mPdSa8jmA@karoo.co.uk>...
> "Dave Bowman" <dbwmn2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I have a pix506, version 6.3(3)
> > I have a /30 class for my public addresses. One ip is taken by the
> > router and one by the firewall outside address.
> > All inside clients connect to the internet via PAT on the FW interface
> >
> > I would like to redirect all incoming traffic to the pix outside
> > address on a specific port (say http for example) to one specific
> > server on the inside.
> > This is due to the lack of IP addresses in order to establish a NAT,
> > so my only option is to use the FW IP.
> > Is it possible to do this? Can I do this via PDM?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Dave
>
> Port forwarding using the "interface" keyword ..
>
> static (inside,outside) tcp interface www 192.168.1.100 www netmask
> 255.255.255.255
>
> Don't forget to allow the port on your external ACL.
>
> Chris.
July 26, 2004 12:55:15 PM

> Thanks Chris!
> So the PDM isn't supporting this feature, I assume

Should do!

---