Help! Radeon 9800 DVI has been permanently disabled

I've been running on a dual DVI+D-sub setup for the last 2 weeks with no
problems. Just now, I tried reverting back to the older 3.7 catalysts
from 4.3, and boom! for some reason the dvi output on the ATI card has
been totally disabled. It's not just in Windows... I get nothing out of
the DVI output even during the POST and intial bootup (before I did).
Basically the DVI output is "Dead", and even though I see the same dual
display configuration in Display Properties, the second display is
permanently grayed out. In the ATI "Dispalys" tab, the FPD option is
grayed out even though I haven't even touched the connnections.

Did the drivers write something weird to the EEPROM of the card or
something? Otherwise I can't explain why the DVI would be disabled from
the moment the computer is turned on.

Can anyone help?

do not plug more than one output device in your video card

just plug in the dvi device in it