No color on 5,6" TFT when connected to NVIDIA Geforce 4200

Hi!

Hope this is the correct forum for this question:

OK, i have a stationary PC which i usually (with no problem)
connect to my TV via the S-Video connector on the graphics card.
This works perfectly with colors and everything.

Now i have this 5,6" TFT screen which i also would like to connect
to the same graphics card.

This works, but i am not getting any colors on the displayed video.
The screen is also sligtly dislocated, creating a 5 mm black bar on
the left and upper corners.

Worth to mention is that the input is RCA and not S-Video, so i have
an converter in between, but i use the same converter when connecing
to my regular TV.

Below is a link to the (very very HI-TEK :) TFT Display

http://www.a-f-a.com/M8000.html

Any help would be very appreciated!!

/Goran

ehsgost@yahoo.com (gost) wrote in news:cf7d08cc.0403291348.2b85c4f1
@posting.google.com:

> Worth to mention is that the input is RCA and not S-Video, so i have
> an converter in between, but i use the same converter when connecing
> to my regular TV.

the connection is rca?

you mean three wires?

if so then you should connect only the yellow video wire

> the connection is rca?

Sounds like composite signal on (single) rca connector to me.

> you mean three wires?

That sounds more like YCbCr, ie. separate chrominance (two separate wires)
and luminance (Y) using three rca connectors, somehow I get the impression
that he is using the composite output (GF 4200).

> if so then you should connect only the yellow video wire

If he connects the Y to composite he will only get grayscale, this matches
his description but it is also possible to get grayscale (luma only) signal
from composite source: happens with el-cheapo receivers sometimes, then
again, using composite is stupid to begin with. That connector should
seriously die. >B)