Connecting VGA and DVI to same TFT...

I've got a customer that "mistakenly" connected a Samsung Syncmaster 17" TFT
screen via both VGA *and* DVI to the corresponding ports on an MSI FX5200
dual head graphics card
Since she did this, she's getting oaccasional XP ssystem halt with 100000ea
(graphics card or driver related problem I believe).
This happens even after updating NVidia drivers etc
Question is, does anyone know whether this could cause driver corruption, or
is this more likely to be faulty hardware ? (even though the card hadn't
thrown this problem up when she had it connected previously by VGA alone,
prior to buying the DVI cable)
Thanks!

"MikeLJ" <m_l_j@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've got a customer that "mistakenly" connected a Samsung Syncmaster 17"
TFT
> screen via both VGA *and* DVI to the corresponding ports on an MSI FX5200
> dual head graphics card
> Since she did this, she's getting oaccasional XP ssystem halt with
100000ea

> is this more likely to be faulty hardware ? (even though the card hadn't
> thrown this problem up when she had it connected previously by VGA alone,
> prior to buying the DVI cable)

Hi Mike,

I used to have my 18" Samsung 181T connected to a XFX FX5200 card with both
the D-SUB and the DVI cables. No problems at all, ever.

It seems very unlikely to me that such a setup could cause the actual
drivers to corrupt.
XP would of course discover a new, 2nd monitor as an output device, and that
would be reflected in a somewhat altered configuration, but none of that is
out of the ordinary.
I could only suggest to remove the drivers for the MSI card, reverting back
to the default VGA monitor drivers and then re-installing all of the latest
drivers for the card and .inf files for the monitor. Make sure you download
the latest drivers from nvidia's website. There were some problems in dual
monitor configurations in combination with some Geforce FX models (although
none would seem to lead to errors as you describe...)

Good luck,

Edo