Video capture card recommendations?

Does anyone know of a good video capture card in the sub-$100(preferably
sub-$50)? I'm looking for one that has composite video in/out, stereo sound
in/out, capture at at least 640x480, and preferably linux-compatible.

Thanks

Ian
4 answers Last reply
More about video capture card recommendations

    On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:54:06 -0800, "Ian Gowen"
    <gbtmud2NOSPAM@hotmail.NOSPAM.com> wrote:

    >Does anyone know of a good video capture card in the sub-$100(preferably
    >sub-$50)? I'm looking for one that has composite video in/out, stereo sound
    >in/out, capture at at least 640x480, and preferably linux-compatible.

    A good place to ask this would be rec.video.desktop.

    "Ian Gowen" <gbtmud2NOSPAM@hotmail.NOSPAM.com> wrote in

    > Does anyone know of a good video capture card in the
    > sub-$100(preferably sub-$50)? I'm looking for one that has composite
    > video in/out, stereo sound in/out, capture at at least 640x480, and
    > preferably linux-compatible.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ian

    what do you need to capture video for?
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

    "John Cho" <johncho@johncho.us> wrote in message

    > what do you need to capture video for?

    Home movies, from VHS tape.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

    there is one for 30 bucks
    http://pcworld.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=336/ut=
    042e541df91073ae

    > Does anyone know of a good video capture card in the
    > sub-$100(preferably sub-$50)? I'm looking for one that has composite
    > video in/out, stereo sound in/out, capture at at least 640x480, and
    > preferably linux-compatible.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ian

Graphics Cards Video Capture Video Graphics