Is it normal for my Samsung 17" CRT monitor to still creat..

Hello.

Is it normal for my Samsung 17" SyncMaster 763MB CRT monitor to still
create some heat when it is off from Windows XP's power management? I
thought when monitor is off, it is like turning off manually (power
button) except the blinking power light (sleep). I notice my room is
still very warm in this power saving mode as if it was on. And no, I
do not use any fancy OpenGL screen savers for my ATI Radeon 9800 AIW
(128 MB) and Athlon 2200+ CPU to stress on that can cook my room
easily.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"The ants and termites have renounced the Hobbesian war." --Petr
Kropotkin
| |o o| | E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
\ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup/mailing
( ) list.

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 08:15:22 -0600, ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

>Hello.
>
>Is it normal for my Samsung 17" SyncMaster 763MB CRT monitor to still
>create some heat when it is off from Windows XP's power management? I
>thought when monitor is off, it is like turning off manually (power
>button) except the blinking power light (sleep). I notice my room is
>still very warm in this power saving mode as if it was on. And no, I
>do not use any fancy OpenGL screen savers for my ATI Radeon 9800 AIW
>(128 MB) and Athlon 2200+ CPU to stress on that can cook my room
>easily.
>
>Thank you in advance. :)

In powersaving mode it is still using some power but less.

Fausto Fauntleroy <no@email.here> wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 08:15:22 -0600, ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

> >Hello.
> >
> >Is it normal for my Samsung 17" SyncMaster 763MB CRT monitor to still
> >create some heat when it is off from Windows XP's power management? I
> >thought when monitor is off, it is like turning off manually (power
> >button) except the blinking power light (sleep). I notice my room is
> >still very warm in this power saving mode as if it was on. And no, I
> >do not use any fancy OpenGL screen savers for my ATI Radeon 9800 AIW
> >(128 MB) and Athlon 2200+ CPU to stress on that can cook my room
> >easily.
> >
> >Thank you in advance. :)

> In powersaving mode it is still using some power but less.

Thanks. :)
--
"You'd think we could just attract ants like normal people."
--Wolverine (X-Men:TAS)