How good are the PC graphics?

Last response: in Video Games
June 10, 2005 7:58:27 PM

Hi there,

I have SA on the PS2, but am contemplating buying it for the PC. Just
how much better are the graphics? Is it worth it? Can you actually see
anything from the top of Mt Chiliad?

Here are my PC specs, don't know what level of detail I could run:

Athlon XP 2800+ (Barton)
1 Gb Generic 2700 RAM
AGP 6800GT

More about : good graphics

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 3:21:03 AM

I do not have the PS2 but from what I have read online, the graphics are
supposedly better on the PC version

Gary

--

-- http://compute-it.net/
--We use duct tape to fix everything, GOD used NAILS!
"Leodiensian" <chrispoad@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I have SA on the PS2, but am contemplating buying it for the PC. Just
> how much better are the graphics? Is it worth it? Can you actually see
> anything from the top of Mt Chiliad?
>
> Here are my PC specs, don't know what level of detail I could run:
>
> Athlon XP 2800+ (Barton)
> 1 Gb Generic 2700 RAM
> AGP 6800GT

June 11, 2005 11:52:38 AM

> I have SA on the PS2, but am contemplating buying it for the PC. Just
> how much better are the graphics? Is it worth it? Can you actually see
> anything from the top of Mt Chiliad?

I have the PS2 version as well, and played it lots. I now also have the
PC version but I didn't have a chance of properly playing it yet. The
textures do look more detailed though at first glance.

I have a laptop with a Radeon 9600-like card, and it plays smooth at
1280x800 with full details and half the drawing distance. Haven't tried
higher resolutions yet.

Bram
--
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
June 11, 2005 12:13:19 PM

On 10 Jun 2005 15:58:27 -0700, "Leodiensian" <chrispoad@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I have SA on the PS2, but am contemplating buying it for the PC. Just
>how much better are the graphics? Is it worth it? Can you actually see
>anything from the top of Mt Chiliad?
>
>Here are my PC specs, don't know what level of detail I could run:
>
>Athlon XP 2800+ (Barton)
>1 Gb Generic 2700 RAM
>AGP 6800GT

You're gotta be kidding, right?

Doesn't PoS 2 have something like a 500 Mhz CPU and a whopping 32 MB
of RAM?

The PoS 2 version runs at a herky-jerky frame-limiting 25 FPS or
somthing. Although that framerate is good for XVid, it aint good for
games. You need 60 FPS to avoid all the jerking cinematics in a 3D
computer game.

But you need a dual-analogue plus D-pad to play the game to the full
extent.

I find that on foot, keyboard + mouse is the best.

But when in a vehicle, a good game-pad is the best.

Obviously, though, if you're gonna pay for the game or not, it's far
better to get the PC version.
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 3:21:19 PM

Leodiensian wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have SA on the PS2, but am contemplating buying it for the PC. Just
> how much better are the graphics? Is it worth it? Can you actually see
> anything from the top of Mt Chiliad?

I have not played the PS2 version, but I was suprised of how little
there is fog. I went on top of that Vinewood sign, and could see very
far, I think I saw that strange circle building at the airport.
June 12, 2005 5:15:16 AM

"Leodiensian" <chrispoad@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I have SA on the PS2, but am contemplating buying it for the PC. Just
> how much better are the graphics? Is it worth it? Can you actually see
> anything from the top of Mt Chiliad?
>
> Here are my PC specs, don't know what level of detail I could run:
>
> Athlon XP 2800+ (Barton)
> 1 Gb Generic 2700 RAM
> AGP 6800GT

You will have no problems running it on your PC (just make sure to update
your graphics card drivers)
The graphics are a lot sharper than the PS2 version , I haven't got to mt
chiliad yet or even got into the air at all yet (I'll have to try the base
jump building in Los Santos to see what the draw distance is like) You can
adjust your detail level and draw distance level and you can also add your
own music. You cant edit CJ's character skin though, the way you could with
Tommy Vercetti in PC Vice City.
If you don't mind paying for a game that you already have and is no
different (except for slightly better graphics) then i'd recommend it, but
I'll be completely honest and admit that I downloaded this as I bought it
for the PS2 and only wanted to compare the PC + PS2 versions (and add
vehicle mods to the PC version).
I'd also recommend getting a PS2 controller adapter for your PC and setting
it up so that the controls are identical to the PS2 version
!