After installation of SP2 Internet SLOW

I have installed Microsoft XP SP2 update and the internet is now super
slow. What can I do?
5 answers Last reply
More about after installation internet slow

    On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 05:20:58 GMT, mbrown2@rgv.rr.com wrote:

    >I have installed Microsoft XP SP2 update and the internet is now super
    >slow. What can I do?

    Fix it?

    Sad that this has become a haven for smart asses! I was looking for
    some constructive help.

    On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:30:54 GMT, mbrown2@rgv.rr.com wrote:

    >Sad that this has become a haven for smart asses! I was looking for
    >some constructive help.
    >
    >On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 09:41:25 GMT, Justin Thompson
    ><Justin.Thompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 05:20:58 GMT, mbrown2@rgv.rr.com wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have installed Microsoft XP SP2 update and the internet is now super
    >>>slow. What can I do?
    >>
    >>Fix it?

    The answer was about as helpful as your question. You question is a
    bit like saying

    "I took my car for a service and now its broken - what's wrong?"

    How about telling us a bit about your setup? you broadband? or dial
    up? latest drivers for your hardware? who your ISP ? what have you
    tried? etc etc etc.

    Believe it not - we are not psychic (now watch some post saying they
    knew I was going to say that ;) )

    Cheers.

    Dial-up or high speed?
    Update to the latest Windows XP driver for modem/network card.

    Also see:

    Jupiter Jones
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    <mbrown2@rgv.rr.com> wrote in message

    > I have installed Microsoft XP SP2 update and the internet is now
    > super
    > slow. What can I do?

    Try disabling the XP firewall, if you have that enabled -- and if you have
    any other firewall installed, by all means, disable the XP one.

    <mbrown2@rgv.rr.com> wrote in message

    > I have installed Microsoft XP SP2 update and the internet is now super
    > slow. What can I do?

Gateway Internet Microsoft Windows XP Computers