12 pipes for 6800 non-ultra

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

nvidianv55@mail.com (NV55) wrote in message news:<1c4cde47.0404132223.6c93d64a@posting.google.com>...
> from 'DemoCoder' at the Nvidia launch event
>
> "6800 nonultra has 12pipes, ddr1 mem"
>
> http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11511

Well it's nice nvidia saw that you might need some .. pipelines.. to
perform, the 4x2 setup didn't work out nicely so 12 is indeed the
least you have to look at.

Oh, the X800 ( from ati ) will have different versions a 12 pipe liner
and a 16 pipeliner and with different speeds also, so also ati will
give us what we want... we want to play farcry with more then 80 FPS

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

"NV55" <nvidianv55@mail.com> schreef in bericht
> from 'DemoCoder' at the Nvidia launch event
>
> "6800 nonultra has 12pipes, ddr1 mem"
>
> http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11511

he mentions 128bit memorybus?!!!
WTF, dead born child this must be if true.

Jelle wrote:

> "NV55" <nvidianv55@mail.com> schreef in bericht
>
>>from 'DemoCoder' at the Nvidia launch event
>>
>>"6800 nonultra has 12pipes, ddr1 mem"
>>
>>http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11511
>

> he mentions 128bit memorybus?!!!
> WTF, dead born child this must be if true.

More like gotta get this thing cheap enough to sell for 199 at Best Buy
with a rebate :)

We'll see individual manufacturers come out with GDDR2/3 boards based on
the 6800 in the future, but not immediately. Getting something more
than good enough, quick enough, is more important right now.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

\
> he mentions 128bit memorybus?!!!
> WTF, dead born child this must be if true.

Seem to be 256bit after all. Screw the rumors

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

> > he mentions 128bit memorybus?!!!
> > WTF, dead born child this must be if true.
> >
> Seem to be 256bit after all. Screw the rumors

He posted from his cellphone and made slight error, later corrected to 128
MB in the thread..