LCD resolution question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 22, 2004 5:25:51 AM

Two LCD monitors, one a 15-inch using its native 1024x768 resolution, and
the other a 17-inch using its native 1280x1024 resolution. Which one would
have the bigger icons, text, and images? If I were to take a ruler and
measure the same desktop icons or webpage images on the two different
monitors, which would have the larger stuff (in other words, easier on my
aging eyes). Thank you all.

--
Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.
Anonymous

"Acadia" <acadiaNOT@ONyourLIFE.com> wrote in message news:<zaFhc.8540$_o3.283682@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
> Two LCD monitors, one a 15-inch using its native 1024x768 resolution, and
> the other a 17-inch using its native 1280x1024 resolution. Which one would
> have the bigger icons, text, and images? If I were to take a ruler and
> measure the same desktop icons or webpage images on the two different
> monitors, which would have the larger stuff (in other words, easier on my
> aging eyes). Thank you all.

Take the total surface (display) area of the 15", and divide it by the
# of pixels i.e. 1024x768, then do the same with the 17" with
1280x1024. The 15" should work out to have a larger pixel size than
the 17"

hth
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
April 22, 2004 2:46:07 PM

"Acadia" <acadiaNOT@ONyourLIFE.com> wrote:

>Two LCD monitors, one a 15-inch using its native 1024x768 resolution, and
>the other a 17-inch using its native 1280x1024 resolution. Which one would
>have the bigger icons, text, and images? If I were to take a ruler and
>measure the same desktop icons or webpage images on the two different
>monitors, which would have the larger stuff (in other words, easier on my
>aging eyes). Thank you all.

Well, it's a linear relationship. 15/1024 > 17/1280, so things will
be slightly bigger on the 15".
!