[GTA VC] Achievement, or not?

The black admirals and the black pony behind Cherry Poppers in the "Loose
Ends" mission - are they unique in any way? (I expect if they are, it can
only be due to their colour, as they aren't fast or bullet-proof.)

The reason I ask is that through sheer bloody-mindedness, I've managed to
get them out and into the Sunshine Autos garage.

Until last night, I've only ever got the hearse, black voodoo, Diaz's
Admiral and white PCJ stored.

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:48:19 +0000, G Hardy wrote:

> The black admirals and the black pony behind Cherry Poppers in the "Loose
> Ends" mission - are they unique in any way? (I expect if they are, it can
> only be due to their colour, as they aren't fast or bullet-proof.)

it's only the colour that's unique. looking at my list of cars:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bryan.stevens1/save/gtavehicles.htm

there's a black admiral and black sentinel as well.

did you ever manage to get the "lightless taxi"?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bryan.stevens1/images/vstaxi02.jpg

i only found it once... the cops were on my tail but i dumped my car,
jacked the taxi, rushed over to sunshine autos to save it, panicked but
managed to press the 'prtscrn' button just before i got busted :)

> The reason I ask is that through sheer bloody-mindedness, I've managed to
> get them out and into the Sunshine Autos garage.

i did that as well... did you use the two packer trick?

> Until last night, I've only ever got the hearse, black voodoo, Diaz's
> Admiral and white PCJ stored.

i managed to get all of the special cars at on time or another but in the
end, i plumped for saving two of diaz'z admirals.

bryan wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:48:19 +0000, G Hardy wrote:
>
> > The black admirals and the black pony behind Cherry Poppers in the "Loose
> > Ends" mission - are they unique in any way? (I expect if they are, it can
> > only be due to their colour, as they aren't fast or bullet-proof.)
>
> it's only the colour that's unique. looking at my list of cars:
>
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bryan.stevens1/save/gtavehicles.htm
>
> there's a black admiral and black sentinel as well.
>
> did you ever manage to get the "lightless taxi"?
>
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bryan.stevens1/images/vstaxi02.jpg
>
> i only found it once... the cops were on my tail but i dumped my car,
> jacked the taxi, rushed over to sunshine autos to save it, panicked but
> managed to press the 'prtscrn' button just before i got busted :)
>
> > The reason I ask is that through sheer bloody-mindedness, I've managed to
> > get them out and into the Sunshine Autos garage.
>
> i did that as well... did you use the two packer trick?
>
> > Until last night, I've only ever got the hearse, black voodoo, Diaz's
> > Admiral and white PCJ stored.
>
> i managed to get all of the special cars at on time or another but in the
> end, i plumped for saving two of diaz'z admirals.

funnily enough I don't think any car but the Sand King did anything
for me in VC. I did enjoy finding one hidden away in san andreas! Thos
black cars I did have a go at boosting but I was never a big collector
of rare cars. I was most disappointed the hearse didn't drop exploding
coffins when i stole it!
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Jericho

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2001

> did you ever manage to get the "lightless taxi"?
>
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bryan.stevens1/images/vstaxi02.jpg
>
> i only found it once... the cops were on my tail but i dumped my car,
> jacked the taxi, rushed over to sunshine autos to save it, panicked but
> managed to press the 'prtscrn' button just before i got busted :)

I got that:
http://photobucket.com/albums/a322/terrafour/?action=view&current=lightless.jpg

I was just coming out of my safehouse and nabbed it. The skid you see is me
going 'wtf' and stabbing at the Print Screen key. It got blown up, sadly,
before I coudl save it.

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:35:54 +0100, Jericho wrote:

>> did you ever manage to get the "lightless taxi"?
>>
>> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bryan.stevens1/images/vstaxi02.jpg
>>
>> i only found it once... the cops were on my tail but i dumped my car,
>> jacked the taxi, rushed over to sunshine autos to save it, panicked but
>> managed to press the 'prtscrn' button just before i got busted :)
>>
> I got that:
> http://photobucket.com/albums/a322/terrafour/?action=view&current=lightless.jpg
>
> I was just coming out of my safehouse and nabbed it. The skid you see is
> me going 'wtf' and stabbing at the Print Screen key. It got blown up,
> sadly, before I coudl save it.

it's got to be the rarest car in vice city... i don't know how many hours
i've put into that game but i've only seen it once.

"bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message

> >> did you ever manage to get the "lightless taxi"?

> it's got to be the rarest car in vice city... i don't know how many hours
> i've put into that game but i've only seen it once.

I saw it once, and even jacked it, but it never occurred to me it might be a
unique vehicle (I thought it must be a video glitch - see the "Hilary" post,
above).