Seeking recommendations for a *RELIABLE* video card

Hello and thanks for the help,

I'm building a new replacement system (8X AGP, P4, XP-Pro, RAID, etc.). In
my past systems, the video cards have caused a significant number of
crash/reliability problems. For my next build, I'd like to focus on making a
*reliable* system. So ....

I'm seeking recommendations as to which cards currently on the market have
the fewest significant problems. I'm not a heavy gamer, so I don't need all
the bells and whistles. I just need something that keeps working and working
.... like my toaster ...

All knowledgeable recommendations appreciated.
thanks,
DG
2 answers Last reply
More about seeking recommendations reliable video card

    I suggest looking at ASUS' line of GeForce cards. Tough as rocks--
    haven't had one problem with my GeForce 4 Ti4200 at all over my two year
    ownership.

    --
    Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen
    http://corysplace.silius.net

    Get a GigaByte 8KNXP Rev. 2.0 motherboard and a Gainward Nvidia FX card.
    Always test memory modules with MemTest86 3.1a and install XP (or any other OS) if and only if the
    RAM passes all tests with zero errors.
    Buy an expensive high-end PSU. Go for an Antec TruePower, either the 480W or 550W models.

    On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 00:57:10 GMT, "DG" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

    >Hello and thanks for the help,
    >
    >I'm building a new replacement system (8X AGP, P4, XP-Pro, RAID, etc.). In
    >my past systems, the video cards have caused a significant number of
    >crash/reliability problems. For my next build, I'd like to focus on making a
    >*reliable* system. So ....
    >
    >I'm seeking recommendations as to which cards currently on the market have
    >the fewest significant problems. I'm not a heavy gamer, so I don't need all
    >the bells and whistles. I just need something that keeps working and working
    >... like my toaster ...
    >
    >All knowledgeable recommendations appreciated.
    >thanks,
    >DG

Graphics Cards Graphics