Web server behind Linksys WRT54G

I am trying to put a web server up behind a Linksys WRT54G without
success.

I have set port forwarding to send requests to port 80 to the IP of my
web server machine. But no one outside my private net can see the web
pages.

I also tried to set DMZ host to the ip of the server but again no
success.

All machines inside work fine but no one outside can see in.

One of the errors I get is a TCP error message.

Ideas? Recommendations?

Thanks
Mike
3 answers Last reply
More about server linksys wrt54g

    On 22 Jul 2004 18:28:08 -0700, Mike spoketh

    >I am trying to put a web server up behind a Linksys WRT54G without
    >success.
    >
    >I have set port forwarding to send requests to port 80 to the IP of my
    >web server machine. But no one outside my private net can see the web
    >pages.
    >
    >I also tried to set DMZ host to the ip of the server but again no
    >success.
    >
    >All machines inside work fine but no one outside can see in.
    >
    >One of the errors I get is a TCP error message.
    >
    >Ideas? Recommendations?
    >

    >Thanks
    >Mike

    Perhaps your ISP are blocking port 80...

    Lars M. Hansen
    www.hansenonline.net

    msargent100@hotmail.com (Mike) wrote in

    > I am trying to put a web server up behind a Linksys WRT54G without
    > success.
    >
    > I have set port forwarding to send requests to port 80 to the IP of my
    > web server machine. But no one outside my private net can see the web
    > pages.
    >
    > I also tried to set DMZ host to the ip of the server but again no
    > success.
    >
    > All machines inside work fine but no one outside can see in.
    >
    > One of the errors I get is a TCP error message.
    >
    > Ideas? Recommendations?

    You can use a Web Hosting Service.

    Duane :)

    "Mike" <msargent100@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to put a web server up behind a Linksys WRT54G without
    > success.
    >
    > I have set port forwarding to send requests to port 80 to the IP of my
    > web server machine. But no one outside my private net can see the web
    > pages.
    >
    > I also tried to set DMZ host to the ip of the server but again no
    > success.
    >
    > All machines inside work fine but no one outside can see in.
    >
    > One of the errors I get is a TCP error message.
    >
    > Ideas? Recommendations?
    >

    > Thanks
    > Mike

    If possible, try going off your ISP's net [login another ISP], and
    telnetting to port 80 of your server.
    John--
    www.pccitizen.com Safe Computing, Home wired and wireless networking tips.
    ....You spend your whole life figuring out what you should have done with it,
    let alone what it was all about. And then your children get to do it all
    over again..

Firewalls Linksys Web Server Networking