Satellite PC TV-CARD for viewing International Channels

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
May 1, 2004 6:38:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

Hi everyone,

I am currently residing in Germany having moved from UK. Since moving
here, I am sorely missing viewing English (language) channels. Over
the past few weeks I have been looking around for PC TV-cards which
can help in providing Free (legal) digital channels internationally.
After doing some intense search I managed to find 3 decent Satellite
TV-cards which are as follows:

1)Hercules Smart TV Satellite
http://europe.hercules.com/showpage.php?p=70&b=0&f=1

2) Cinergy 1200 DVB-S
http://productsen.terratec.net/modules.php?op=modload&n...

3) Hauppague WinTV-NOVA-s usb
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_novasusb...

But my problem still remains on out of these 3 cards which does
actually provides best value for money and Free digital international
channels as claimed on their websites.

Does anyone here have experience using a PC-TV card which actually
does work in recieving International channels?

Many Thanks,

Manny
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2004 9:30:35 AM

Manny K wrote:

>Does anyone here have experience using a PC-TV card which actually
>does work in recieving International channels?

I wonder if you aren't getting confused?

PCI-TV cards take an RF or video source (from a VCR, regular antenna,
DVD player, sat receiver etc.) and display it on the PC monitor. This
is local only.

PCI-SAT cards connect directly to a dish and receive FTA (and possibly
encrypted) sat channels, which they display on the monitor. This is
satellite.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/yvnsy
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.co.uk/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2004 9:35:55 AM

Jomtien <jomtien@the.beach> wrote in message news:<7q19909io96paq0om5pcicu5g1cvhjdnn9@4ax.com>...
> Manny K wrote:
>
> >Does anyone here have experience using a PC-TV card which actually
> >does work in recieving International channels?
>
> I wonder if you aren't getting confused?
>
> PCI-TV cards take an RF or video source (from a VCR, regular antenna,
> DVD player, sat receiver etc.) and display it on the PC monitor. This
> is local only.
>
> PCI-SAT cards connect directly to a dish and receive FTA (and possibly
> encrypted) sat channels, which they display on the monitor. This is
> satellite.

Thanks for the info mate! Actually yes I meant a Sat-TV card for the
PC where I will also buy a Satellite Dish to view channel but what I
am keen to know is that these websites (one selling PC-TV cards) claim
that one can recieve free international channels (provided you have a
satellite dish)..is this true or do I have to buy a decoder also
before I can view anything?

Manny K
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2004 1:56:14 PM

On 2 May 2004 05:35:55 -0700, manny007@postmaster.co.uk (Manny K)
wrote:

>Jomtien <jomtien@the.beach> wrote in message news:<7q19909io96paq0om5pcicu5g1cvhjdnn9@4ax.com>...
>> Manny K wrote:
>>
>> >Does anyone here have experience using a PC-TV card which actually
>> >does work in recieving International channels?
>>
>> I wonder if you aren't getting confused?
>>
>> PCI-TV cards take an RF or video source (from a VCR, regular antenna,
>> DVD player, sat receiver etc.) and display it on the PC monitor. This
>> is local only.
>>
>> PCI-SAT cards connect directly to a dish and receive FTA (and possibly
>> encrypted) sat channels, which they display on the monitor. This is
>> satellite.
>
>Thanks for the info mate! Actually yes I meant a Sat-TV card for the
>PC where I will also buy a Satellite Dish to view channel but what I
>am keen to know is that these websites (one selling PC-TV cards) claim
>that one can recieve free international channels (provided you have a
>satellite dish)..is this true or do I have to buy a decoder also
>before I can view anything?
>
>Manny K

Most of them cn pick up the unencrypted channels.
You should ask in one on the European satellite groups.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2004 5:23:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On a sunny day (1 May 2004 14:38:11 -0700) it happened
manny007@postmaster.co.uk (Manny K) wrote in
<7815d07a.0405011338.5743c991@posting.google.com>:

>Hi everyone,
>
>I am currently residing in Germany having moved from UK. Since moving
>here, I am sorely missing viewing English (language) channels. Over
>the past few weeks I have been looking around for PC TV-cards which
>can help in providing Free (legal) digital channels internationally.
>After doing some intense search I managed to find 3 decent Satellite
>TV-cards which are as follows:
BBC world is free on Hotbird 13 east and will give you some biased news.
BBC prime is also on Hotbird 13 east but you need a decoder.
CNN the same.
Apart from the ones you mentioned, you could look at SkyStar2 PC
card (very cheap).
I have a SkyStar 1.
Software decoders are available for both cards in both MS windows and Linux.
If you need a official CAM the SkyStar1 has an addon board for that, but
it is expensive.
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2004 5:23:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On Sun, 02 May 2004 13:23:58 GMT, Jan Panteltje
<pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Software decoders are available for both cards in both MS windows and Linux.

But not officially. That software pirates the encrpyted programming.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2004 8:42:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On a sunny day (Sun, 02 May 2004 09:57:12 -0400) it happened Gary Tait
<classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid> wrote in
<pgv990d39hpo0fjnv5mf71dv20o7vradls@4ax.com>:

>On Sun, 02 May 2004 13:23:58 GMT, Jan Panteltje
><pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Software decoders are available for both cards in both MS windows and Linux.
>
>But not officially. That software pirates the encrpyted programming.
Officially the US is liberating Iraq.
So much for officially.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 3, 2004 1:05:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On Sun, 02 May 2004 13:23:58 GMT, Jan Panteltje
<pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:

>BBC world is free on Hotbird 13 east and will give you some biased news.

Is that the BBC's reputation nowadays?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 3, 2004 1:05:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On a sunny day (Sun, 02 May 2004 21:05:44 +0100) it happened Laurence Payne
<l@laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
<b2la90dunhsptbgug96u2uqs3sheupk5ge@4ax.com>:

>On Sun, 02 May 2004 13:23:58 GMT, Jan Panteltje
><pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>BBC world is free on Hotbird 13 east and will give you some biased news.
>
>Is that the BBC's reputation nowadays?
It is in my view.
Compare it to euronews...
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 3, 2004 2:56:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On Sun, 02 May 2004 20:22:18 GMT, Jan Panteltje
<pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>BBC world is free on Hotbird 13 east and will give you some biased news.
>>
>>Is that the BBC's reputation nowadays?
>It is in my view.
>Compare it to euronews...

Presumably you've been comparing for some time? Can you give
examples where you feel coverage to have been biased? The BBC has
recently been criticised for being highly skeptical to the British
government's propaganda. Quite healthy, I thought?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 3, 2004 9:47:03 AM

Manny K wrote:

>what I
>am keen to know is that these websites (one selling PC-TV cards) claim
>that one can recieve free international channels (provided you have a
>satellite dish)..is this true or do I have to buy a decoder also
>before I can view anything?

A TV capture card will do just that: capture TV from whatever source.
If the sat receiver you connect to it can receive the required channel
then the capture card will get it onto your PC.

See www.lyngsat.com for the many free channels.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/yvnsy
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.co.uk/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 3, 2004 7:13:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On a sunny day (Sun, 02 May 2004 22:56:55 +0100) it happened Laurence Payne
<ffra90dmng5g0gcb9dpjk71ill1uul5cgu@4ax.com>:

>>>Is that the BBC's reputation nowadays?
>>It is in my view.
>>Compare it to euronews...
>
>Presumably you've been comparing for some time? Can you give
>examples where you feel coverage to have been biased? The BBC has
>recently been criticised for being highly skeptical to the British
>government's propaganda. Quite healthy, I thought?
Too much blaring Bair, to much 'from Washington' to much 'from Israel'
daft boring setup, 'hard talk' is rigged beforehand.
Too much the same people in view over and over again.
Too much capitalist overhyped.
And BBC leadership was changed: the critical one has left.
It is a UK gov institution, extention of US terrorist Bush & Cheney,
the what you refer to as 'critical' is just brought in to make people think
it is objective.
Amateur job.
JP
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 3, 2004 8:15:43 PM

Laurence Payne <l@laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:<b2la90dunhsptbgug96u2uqs3sheupk5ge@4ax.com>...
> On Sun, 02 May 2004 13:23:58 GMT, Jan Panteltje
> <pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >BBC world is free on Hotbird 13 east and will give you some biased news.
>
> Is that the BBC's reputation nowadays?

Hmmm...I am not keen on watching news guys, I can find that on net :)
I simply miss watching light hearted English channels:)  Here in
Germany its quite expensive to get TV licence and I am assuming
payable cable channels arent cheap either so I am aiming to get a
Satellite PC TV card and a satellite dish only with purpose to watch
something in English including (Free and legal) sports, comedy
channels etc. These satellite cards claim we can watch "free digital
channels" so I just wanted some guartee that they do what they say.

But thanks a lot to all who replied my request, I really appreciate it
:)

Manny
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 3, 2004 9:32:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On Sun, 02 May 2004 16:42:14 GMT, Jan Panteltje
<pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>Software decoders are available for both cards in both MS windows and Linux.
>>
>>But not officially. That software pirates the encrpyted programming.

>Officially the US is liberating Iraq.
>So much for officially.

Officially most European countries are capitalist market economies and
are allies with the US.

In practice they are closer to the old USSR.

Sam
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 3, 2004 9:32:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On a sunny day (Mon, 03 May 2004 17:32:18 +1000) it happened Sam Richards
<me@privacy.net> wrote in <c74sht$hji2q$1@ID-197514.news.uni-berlin.de>:

>>>But not officially. That software pirates the encrpyted programming.
>
>>Officially the US is liberating Iraq.
>>So much for officially.
>

>Officially most European countries are capitalist market economies and
>are allies with the US.
>
>In practice they are closer to the old USSR.
>

>Sam
You means geographically closer.
Try a dictionary.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 3, 2004 10:33:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

Why don't you just go into any German electrical chain store and pick up one
of their Digital Satellite packages?
For example Berlet (www.berlet.de) are advertising in my local rag today a
Nokia package with digital receiver, 100cm dish and LNB for 199 Euro.
You should be able to rig that up point it at 28E Astra 2 and get a good
number of Free to Air English channels.
When you feel daring, you can fit it to a motorised mount and see what is on
19E and 13E too.
IMHO going into a PC doesn't make sense if you just want to watch
television.
big_giblets_doesnotlikespam@hotmail.com
"Manny K" <manny007@postmaster.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am currently residing in Germany having moved from UK. Since moving
> here, I am sorely missing viewing English (language) channels. Over
> the past few weeks I have been looking around for PC TV-cards which
> can help in providing Free (legal) digital channels internationally.
> After doing some intense search I managed to find 3 decent Satellite
> TV-cards which are as follows:
>
> 1)Hercules Smart TV Satellite
> http://europe.hercules.com/showpage.php?p=70&b=0&f=1
>
> 2) Cinergy 1200 DVB-S

http://productsen.terratec.net/modules.php?op=modload&n...

> 3) Hauppague WinTV-NOVA-s usb
> http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_novasusb...
>
> But my problem still remains on out of these 3 cards which does
> actually provides best value for money and Free digital international
> channels as claimed on their websites.
>
> Does anyone here have experience using a PC-TV card which actually
> does work in recieving International channels?
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> Manny
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 4, 2004 6:09:41 AM

On 3 May 2004 16:15:43 -0700, manny007@postmaster.co.uk (Manny K)
wrote:

>Laurence Payne <l@laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:<b2la90dunhsptbgug96u2uqs3sheupk5ge@4ax.com>...
>> On Sun, 02 May 2004 13:23:58 GMT, Jan Panteltje
>> <pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >BBC world is free on Hotbird 13 east and will give you some biased news.
>>
>> Is that the BBC's reputation nowadays?
>

>Hmmm...I am not keen on watching news guys, I can find that on net :)
>I simply miss watching light hearted English channels:)  Here in
>Germany its quite expensive to get TV licence and I am assuming
>payable cable channels arent cheap either so I am aiming to get a
>Satellite PC TV card and a satellite dish only with purpose to watch
>something in English including (Free and legal) sports, comedy
>channels etc. These satellite cards claim we can watch "free digital
>channels" so I just wanted some guartee that they do what they say.
>
>But thanks a lot to all who replied my request, I really appreciate it
>:)
>
>Manny

Well, officially you can subscribe to BBC Prime, but you need a
receiver that takes a conditional access card. Comedy but no
sports. Depending on location, dish size and receiver sensitivity
you +might+ receive BBC1 ..4 which are free-to-air but not
really meant for anyone outside the UK.

You would be better off getting a receiver than a computer card
unless you want it for data modes.

--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

On Tue, 04 May 2004 02:09:41 +0200, Jim Watt <jimwatt@aol.no_way> wrote:

>On 3 May 2004 16:15:43 -0700, manny007@postmaster.co.uk (Manny K)
>wrote:
>
>>Laurence Payne <l@laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:<b2la90dunhsptbgug96u2uqs3sheupk5ge@4ax.com>...

>>> Is that the BBC's reputation nowadays?
>>

>>Hmmm...I am not keen on watching news guys, I can find that on net :)
>>I simply miss watching light hearted English channels:)  Here in
>>Germany its quite expensive to get TV licence and I am assuming
>>payable cable channels arent cheap either so I am aiming to get a
>>Satellite PC TV card and a satellite dish only with purpose to watch
>>something in English including (Free and legal) sports, comedy
>>channels etc. These satellite cards claim we can watch "free digital
>>channels" so I just wanted some guartee that they do what they say.
>>
>>But thanks a lot to all who replied my request, I really appreciate it
>>:)
>>
>>Manny
>
>Well, officially you can subscribe to BBC Prime, but you need a
>receiver that takes a conditional access card. Comedy but no
>sports. Depending on location, dish size and receiver sensitivity
>you +might+ receive BBC1 ..4 which are free-to-air but not
>really meant for anyone outside the UK.
>
>You would be better off getting a receiver than a computer card
>unless you want it for data modes.

If you refer to the original post you will see that major motivation seems to be
to avoid paying for a German TV license. If the system in that country is the
same as most others in Europe then he will still need a TV license with a
satellite dish.

--
Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On Mon, 03 May 2004 15:08:48 GMT, Jan Panteltje
<pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>Officially the US is liberating Iraq.
>>>So much for officially.
>>

>>Officially most European countries are capitalist market economies and
>>are allies with the US.
>>
>>In practice they are closer to the old USSR.
>>
>You means geographically closer.
>Try a dictionary.

No, I mean ideologically.

Get a clue Karl

Sam
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 4, 2004 8:36:16 PM

On Tue, 04 May 2004 16:36:15 +1000, Sam Richards <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>>>Officially most European countries are capitalist market economies and
>>>are allies with the US.
>>>
>>>In practice they are closer to the old USSR.
>>>
>>You means geographically closer.
>>Try a dictionary.
>
>No, I mean ideologically.
>
>Get a clue Karl
>

>Sam

Whoever you are Sam it looks like you are the one who needs a clue. Do you
actually live in a European country?

--
Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2004 12:05:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

Gegroet,

Op Di, 04 May 2004 08:26:23 +0000, schreef Nigel Barker:
> If you refer to the original post you will see that major motivation
> seems to be
> to avoid paying for a German TV license. If the system in that country
> is the same as most others in Europe then he will still need a TV
> license with a satellite dish.

Question: how much does the TV licence in Germany actually cost?

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
--
Kristoff Bonne, Bredene, BEL
H323 VoIP: callto://krbonne.homelinux.net/

Information at www.gez.de
But mine is 48.45EUR a quarter e.g. 130 GBP a year.
And I've got a UK one toofor my telly in the UK.

"Kristoff Bonne" <compaqnet.be@kristoff.bonne> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.05.04.18.05.54.853404@kristoff.bonne...
> Gegroet,
>
> Op Di, 04 May 2004 08:26:23 +0000, schreef Nigel Barker:
> > If you refer to the original post you will see that major motivation
> > seems to be
> > to avoid paying for a German TV license. If the system in that country
> > is the same as most others in Europe then he will still need a TV
> > license with a satellite dish.
>
> Question: how much does the TV licence in Germany actually cost?
>

> Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
> --
> Kristoff Bonne, Bredene, BEL
> H323 VoIP: callto://krbonne.homelinux.net/
> [nl] [fr] [en] [de]

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2004 1:26:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On a sunny day (Tue, 04 May 2004 16:36:15 +1000) it happened Sam Richards
<me@privacy.net> wrote in <c77dkq$ghpo$1@ID-197514.news.uni-berlin.de>:

>>>Officially most European countries are capitalist market economies and
>>>are allies with the US.
>>>
>>>In practice they are closer to the old USSR.
>>>
>>You means geographically closer.
>>Try a dictionary.
>
>No, I mean ideologically.
>
>Get a clue Karl
>

>Sam
Jewish or American or just simply misinformed?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2004 1:40:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On a sunny day (Tue, 04 May 2004 08:26:23 GMT) it happened Nigel Barker
<nigel@hp.com> wrote in <hdje901qm480dlc0too07f1fjae30mmffa@4ax.com>:

>On Tue, 04 May 2004 02:09:41 +0200, Jim Watt <jimwatt@aol.no_way> wrote:
>
>>On 3 May 2004 16:15:43 -0700, manny007@postmaster.co.uk (Manny K)
>>wrote:

>>>Hmmm...I am not keen on watching news guys, I can find that on net :)
>>>I simply miss watching light hearted English channels:)  Here in
>>>Germany its quite expensive to get TV licence and I am assuming
>>>payable cable channels arent cheap either so I am aiming to get a
>>>Satellite PC TV card and a satellite dish only with purpose to watch
>>>something in English including (Free and legal) sports, comedy
>>>channels etc. These satellite cards claim we can watch "free digital
>>>channels" so I just wanted some guartee that they do what they say.
>>>
>>>But thanks a lot to all who replied my request, I really appreciate it
>>>:)
>>>
>>>Manny
>>
>>Well, officially you can subscribe to BBC Prime, but you need a
>>receiver that takes a conditional access card. Comedy but no
>>sports. Depending on location, dish size and receiver sensitivity
>>you +might+ receive BBC1 ..4 which are free-to-air but not
>>really meant for anyone outside the UK.
>>
>>You would be better off getting a receiver than a computer card
>>unless you want it for data modes.
>
>If you refer to the original post you will see that major motivation seems to be
>to avoid paying for a German TV license. If the system in that country is the
>same as most others in Europe then he will still need a TV license with a
>satellite dish.
Well, in the Netherlands you need no license anymore.
thats one country.
As for the PC card versus stand alone sat reciever that was an other stupid
argument.
I have used the SkyStar 1 PCI card for now many years (this is my second),
and the simple fact that you can record transport stream with say 8 audio
channels, or 4 Video channels with sound from the same transponder, useful
if there is a movie you want on 2 stations at the same time, is worth gold.
Add a DVD burner, Linux as OS and you have your own multilanguage DVDs
The quality is the same as the original mpeg2 in the multiplex, unlike
if you tried to feed it into a mpeg2 coder card (via composite).
Also I can come in and watch time-shifted if the recording was started and I
came late.
A 160GB harddisk holds about 70 to 80 hours or more (27000 symbolrate).
Only objection is the PC needs to be on, but here it is always on as it is
running a webserver at the same time, playing mp3, programming what not.
The SkyStar1 has a video out (you can also pick RGB from a connector), so
your beamer or large TV can be connected.
So, find a PC card with video out, but of cause TV is also cool on a good
19 Inch CRT.
As for the encrypted channels I say softdecoder.
I do not watch BBC Prime a lot, always auctions and home decoration, and
Black Adder I noticed lately.
But for the OP this is what he wants likely.
Anyways, I dunno how I know what is on BBC Prime ;-)
Much more interesting are the secret CIA links.
JP
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2004 2:24:36 AM

On Tue, 04 May 2004 08:21:15 GMT, Nigel Barker <nigel@hp.com> wrote:

>>>You means geographically closer.
>>>Try a dictionary.
>>
>>No, I mean ideologically.
>>
>>Get a clue Karl
>>

>>Sam
>
>Whoever you are Sam it looks like you are the one who needs a clue. Do you
>actually live in a European country?

No I am not.

But please enlighten me about how right wing most European countries
are.

Most of them have massive support in the polls for communist,
socialist or Green (same thing) parties.

They are all incredibly anti-war no matter the reason (another left
agenda), which is funny for a place which seems to start all of them.
They have let at least two massive genocides occur right in the middle
of "civilised" Europe in a space of 50 years. They would have done
nothing to stop both of them occurring if it was not for the USA.

France and Germany were against the Iraq war we find out because they
were benefiting massively from the "oil for food" program

And no, I am not from the USA.

Sam
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2004 2:24:37 AM

On Tue, 04 May 2004 22:24:36 +1000, Sam Richards <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>And no, I am not from the USA.

I realise that I shouldn't really rise to the such trolling but would you
care to mention where you actually live & your nationality just so we can get an
idea of where your misapprehensions arise? I'll start the ball rolling by
letting you know that I'm British born & now live in France although I am
actually in the UK writing this reply.

--

wrote:

>>>No, I mean ideologically.
>>>
>>>Get a clue Karl
>>>

>>>Sam
>>
>>Whoever you are Sam it looks like you are the one who needs a clue. Do you
>>actually live in a European country?
>
>No I am not.
>
>But please enlighten me about how right wing most European countries
>are.
>
>Most of them have massive support in the polls for communist,
>socialist or Green (same thing) parties.
>
>They are all incredibly anti-war no matter the reason (another left
>agenda), which is funny for a place which seems to start all of them.
>They have let at least two massive genocides occur right in the middle
>of "civilised" Europe in a space of 50 years. They would have done
>nothing to stop both of them occurring if it was not for the USA.
>
>France and Germany were against the Iraq war we find out because they
>were benefiting massively from the "oil for food" program
>
>And no, I am not from the USA.
>
>Sam

Quite why this is crossposted to a bunch of groups that deal with
satellite TV and other technical stuff is a mystery.

The Europe of today is a very different place to what it was ten
years ago, never mind 50 years ago. In both the UK and where
I live, the communist party and the green party don't enjoy
'massive support' In the recent elections in Spain the Greens
enjoyed 0.02% of the vote, can't find the PCE at all.

Are you perhaps from Mars?

Can we have the Beagle II back please.
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

On Tue, 04 May 2004 16:25:55 GMT, Nigel Barker <nigel@hp.com> wrote:

>>And no, I am not from the USA.
>
>I realise that I shouldn't really rise to the such trolling but would you
>care to mention where you actually live & your nationality just so we can get an
>idea of where your misapprehensions arise?

He's posting from Australia, which explains a lot! He is clearly very
out of touch with what goes on elsewhere in the world. Either that or
he watches too much "Fox News"!

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com
Anonymous

Op Di, 04 May 2004 20:24:54 +0200, schreef Big Giblets:
>> Question: how much does the TV licence in Germany actually cost?

> Information at www.gez.de
> But mine is 48.45EUR a quarter e.g. 130 GBP a year.
> And I've got a UK one toofor my telly in the UK.

Well, in Flanders (the northern part of Belgium), this tax has now been
removed (the VRT, the public broadcaster is now payed via 'normal' taxes),
but it used to be 195 euro a year.
(This for two television channels and 6 analog radio-services plus one
digital-only radio channel in DAB).

But, one of the important elements is that not all this money went to the
VRT. Some of that money actually went to the state for "other use".

Anycase, it would perhaps be nice to have a list of how high this tax
actually is in other countries! (just to compair).

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
--
Kristoff Bonne, Bredene, BEL
H323 VoIP: callto://krbonne.homelinux.net/
[nl] [fr] [en] [de]
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2004 3:43:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On Tuesday, in article
<69ff90t9oplpgo79f898gu62bvtvkd4n9d@4ax.com> nigel@hp.com
"Nigel Barker" wrote:

> On Tue, 04 May 2004 22:24:36 +1000, Sam Richards <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>

> >And no, I am not from the USA.
>
> I realise that I shouldn't really rise to the such trolling but would you
> care to mention where you actually live & your nationality just so we can get an
> idea of where your misapprehensions arise? I'll start the ball rolling by
> letting you know that I'm British born & now live in France although I am
> actually in the UK writing this reply.

Well, given that his
would seem to place him in Australia, I wonder why you have to bother to
ask?

(Of course, he might be proxying through a subverted machine; in which
case he could be anywhere in the world.)

Oh, and he seems to have missed another big genocide, almost 100 years
ago, in [Turkish] Armenia.

--
fix (vb.): 1. to paper over, obscure, hide from public view; 2. to
work around, in a way that produces unintended consequences that are

On Tue, 04 May 2004 23:43:07 +0100 (BST), bhk@dsl.co.uk (Brian {Hamilton Kelly})
wrote:

>On Tuesday, in article
> <69ff90t9oplpgo79f898gu62bvtvkd4n9d@4ax.com> nigel@hp.com
> "Nigel Barker" wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 04 May 2004 22:24:36 +1000, Sam Richards <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>>

>> >And no, I am not from the USA.
>>
>> I realise that I shouldn't really rise to the such trolling but would you
>> care to mention where you actually live & your nationality just so we can get an
>> idea of where your misapprehensions arise? I'll start the ball rolling by
>> letting you know that I'm British born & now live in France although I am
>> actually in the UK writing this reply.
>
>Well, given that his
>would seem to place him in Australia, I wonder why you have to bother to
>ask?
>
>(Of course, he might be proxying through a subverted machine; in which
>case he could be anywhere in the world.)
>
>Oh, and he seems to have missed another big genocide, almost 100 years
>ago, in [Turkish] Armenia.

Actually I couldn't be bothered to do too much in the way of research as I was
ashamed at myself at rising to the troll's bait. Australia explains a lot
though. He's probably never visited Europe or the US & their government are even
cozier than Teflon Tony with the US.

Another couple of genocides to add, sadly fro Sam's argument not in Europe.
There was the indigenous Aussie population & the Native American population? I
suppose that was Europeans who did that though not those benevolent Australians
or Americans.

Just remind me when was slavery abolished Stateside both legally & de facto?
There were also disenfranchised black people until the 1960s.

Doesn't Australia have a socialised state medical system along with all other
civilised countries?

--
Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2004 8:56:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On Tue, 04 May 2004 21:26:15 GMT, Jan Panteltje

>>>You means geographically closer.
>>>Try a dictionary.
>>
>>No, I mean ideologically.
>>
>>Get a clue Karl
>>

>>Sam
>Jewish or American or just simply misinformed?

None, but you are Anti-capitalism, Anti-American and an anti-Semite.

Nice!

Who do you agree with ? Bin Ladin ?

Sam
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2004 8:56:13 PM

On Wed, 05 May 2004 16:56:12 +1000, Sam Richards <me@privacy.net>
wrote:

>Who do you agree with ? Bin Ladin ?

What the hell does this have to do with satellite TV?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2004 12:20:41 AM

On Wed, 05 May 2004 08:13:31 GMT, Nigel Barker <nigel@hp.com> wrote:

>Actually I couldn't be bothered to do too much in the way of research as I was
>ashamed at myself at rising to the troll's bait. Australia explains a lot
>though. He's probably never visited Europe or the US & their government are even
>cozier than Teflon Tony with the US.

What is wrong with being a close ally with the US?

Better then relying on the Germans or French. They would sell WMD
making equipment to your worst enemy just to make a few bucks.

And who would want to fight a war with the French leading it, they
haven't won one for 200 years,

Plus Australian culture closely mirrors the US and not Europe,

>Another couple of genocides to add, sadly fro Sam's argument not in Europe.
>There was the indigenous Aussie population & the Native American population? I
>suppose that was Europeans who did that though not those benevolent Australians
>or Americans.

Exactly, Australian Federation did not occur until 1901

Plus we are discussing now not 200 years ago. BTW the Australian
aborigine is the most subsidised and looked after person in the land
and we still can't improve their lifestyle.

>Just remind me when was slavery abolished Stateside both legally & de facto?
>There were also disenfranchised black people until the 1960s.

And Europe still tried to have an empire by force up until about the
same time.

>Doesn't Australia have a socialised state medical system along with all other
>civilised countries?

We have a public (free) and private system which seems to have all the
benefits of the British with most of the benefits of the US system.
Australia is a great place to get sick if you are poor.

Sam
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2004 12:20:42 AM

On Wed, 05 May 2004 20:20:41 +1000, Sam Richards <me@privacy.net>
wrote:

>Plus Australian culture closely mirrors the US and not Europe,

I believe the words "Australian" and "culture" in the same sentence
constitute an oxymoron.

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2004 12:20:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

Sam Richards <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>What is wrong with being a close ally with the US?
>
>Better then relying on the Germans or French. They would sell WMD
>making equipment to your worst enemy just to make a few bucks.

While we Americans would only do that if the weapons were actually to
be used against one of our political opponents.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2004 12:20:42 AM

wrote:

>Better then relying on the Germans or French. They would sell WMD
>making equipment to your worst enemy just to make a few bucks.

And the United States has not?

>And who would want to fight a war with the French leading it, they
>haven't won one for 200 years,

Well, if you are that keen to fight a war, why are you not out in
Iraq?

>Plus Australian culture closely mirrors the US and not Europe,

I think you'll find that most Aussies would say the place has a
culture all of its own.

>And Europe still tried to have an empire by force up until about the
>same time.

Up to the 1960s? Do you have evidence to support this?

>>Doesn't Australia have a socialised state medical system along with all other
>>civilised countries?
>
>We have a public (free) and private system which seems to have all the
>benefits of the British with most of the benefits of the US system.
>Australia is a great place to get sick if you are poor.

Whereas the United States is definitely not.

Anyway, what the hell as this to do with pc hardware or satellite tv?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2004 12:20:43 AM

"Walt Davidson" <g3nyy@despammed.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 05 May 2004 20:20:41 +1000, Sam Richards <me@privacy.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Plus Australian culture closely mirrors the US and not Europe,
>
> I believe the words "Australian" and "culture" in the same sentence
> constitute an oxymoron.
> Walt Davidson

Would that make it an ozymoron ? ;-)

Steve Terry
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2004 5:14:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On Wednesday, in article
<c7af5h$1iogm$2@ID-197514.news.uni-berlin.de> me@privacy.net
"Sam Richards" wrote:

> Plus Australian culture closely mirrors the US and not Europe,

FSV of "culture". (Image of Sir Les Patterson comes to mind; I wonder
why?)

--
fix (vb.): 1. to paper over, obscure, hide from public view; 2. to
work around, in a way that produces unintended consequences that are
worse than the original problem. Usage: "Windows ME fixes many of the
shortcomings of Windows 98 SE".
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2004 11:45:33 AM

On 5 May 2004 17:25:00 -0700, manny007@postmaster.co.uk (Manny K)
wrote:

> From what I know US is a friendly multi-cultural nation

You will be hard pressed to find anyone in the Middle East today who
agrees with that assessment.

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2004 1:30:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On Thu, 06 May 2004 07:45:33 +0100, Walt Davidson
<g3nyy@despammed.com> wrote:

>On 5 May 2004 17:25:00 -0700, manny007@postmaster.co.uk (Manny K)
>wrote:
>
>> From what I know US is a friendly multi-cultural nation
>
>You will be hard pressed to find anyone in the Middle East today who
>agrees with that assessment.

Their television is pretty vile too.

--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On Wed, 05 May 2004 20:20:41 +1000, Sam Richards <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 05 May 2004 08:13:31 GMT, Nigel Barker <nigel@hp.com> wrote:
>What is wrong with being a close ally with the US?

Nothing per se. It's just a bad idea to blindly follow all that the US does
particularly when they are embarked on some mad & illegal overseas war or when
led by deluded or ignorant arch fundamentalist Christians.

Just remind me why the Australians are not close enough allies with the U to
actually get involved in the Iraq fiasco or even send any troops. Perhaps the
government realises that it is dangerous & illegal & could only possibly have
been sanctioned by the UN. The bully-boy tactics of the remaining superpower
acting as world policeman (excerpt if too many body bags come home in which case
pull out quick like in Somalia) is revolting.

>Better then relying on the Germans or French. They would sell WMD
>making equipment to your worst enemy just to make a few bucks.

I think that you will find that much of the equipment possessed by Iraq was sold
to them by the US when they were of course best buddies with Saddam Hussein as
he was the arch enemy of Iraq who at that time were hated enemies of the US. The
principle that the enemy of my enemy is my friend is a dubious doctrine at the
best of times. An excellent current example is being pals with the military
junta in Pakistan who have given nuclear technology to all the pariah states of
the world.

>And who would want to fight a war with the French leading it, they
>haven't won one for 200 years,

Who would want to fight a war at all except when absolutely necessary like for
the defence of you country. Unlike this farcical 'war on terror' & attempt to
impose liberal democracy in Iraq when the biggest buddies of the US in the
Middle East (Saudi Arabia) is a feudal kingdom with zero democracy, oppression
of women & a laughable 'legal' system with barbaric punishments. The war
memorials in each French village (still deeply honoured each November) bear
witness to the terrible price they paid in lives to defeat the German invaders
particularly in 1914-1918.

>Plus Australian culture closely mirrors the US and not Europe,

I noticed that when I visited. A very good reason not to visit again. Mind you
the wildlife & countryside is beautiful & luckily none of the people that I met
held such crypto-fascit views as you.

>Plus we are discussing now not 200 years ago. BTW the Australian
>aborigine is the most subsidised and looked after person in the land
>and we still can't improve their lifestyle.

Sounds like smug Aussie racism there. SUre with that get-up--&-go Can-do Aussie
attitude you could do something for these poor black fellahs instead of
condemning them to short lives of illness & alcoholism. Oh hang that's the
Native Americans in the US as well.

>>Just remind me when was slavery abolished Stateside both legally & de facto?
>>There were also disenfranchised black people until the 1960s.
>
>And Europe still tried to have an empire by force up until about the
>same time.

No, decolonisation was in full swing by the early 60s about the same time that
people were being murdered in the Deep South of the US for supporting the vote
for blacks. The world' largest democracy India achieved full independence in
1948. Slavery was not abolished de jure in the US until after their last big
genocide the American Civil War so that would be unlike the UK where it was
about 1772.

>>Doesn't Australia have a socialised state medical system along with all other
>>civilised countries?
>
>We have a public (free) and private system which seems to have all the
>benefits of the British with most of the benefits of the US system.
>Australia is a great place to get sick if you are poor.

Gosh that sounds exactly what we have in France the country that you hate so
much. Generally private provision but public funding.

--
Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2004 1:36:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On 5 May 2004 17:25:00 -0700, manny007@postmaster.co.uk (Manny K) wrote:

>From what I know US is a friendly multi-cultural nation,
>and it provides one of the best entertainment programmes

ROTFLMAO. I'm speechless:-)

--
Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2004 2:42:25 PM

On Thu, 06 May 2004 09:36:04 GMT, Nigel Barker <nigel@hp.com> wrote:

>On 5 May 2004 17:25:00 -0700, manny007@postmaster.co.uk (Manny K) wrote:
>
>>From what I know US is a friendly multi-cultural nation,
>>and it provides one of the best entertainment programmes
>
>ROTFLMAO. I'm speechless:-)

Come to think of it, with a name like Manny, perhaps he is - indeed -
one of their remaining "friends"!
:-)

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2004 8:41:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On Wed, 05 May 2004 13:34:52 +0100, Walt Davidson
<g3nyy@despammed.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 05 May 2004 20:20:41 +1000, Sam Richards <me@privacy.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Plus Australian culture closely mirrors the US and not Europe,
>
>I believe the words "Australian" and "culture" in the same sentence
>constitute an oxymoron.

Ha ha Funny....

Same as the British and bathing....

Sam
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 7, 2004 1:09:09 AM

On Thu, 06 May 2004 09:31:56 GMT, Nigel Barker <nigel@hp.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 05 May 2004 20:20:41 +1000, Sam Richards <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 05 May 2004 08:13:31 GMT, Nigel Barker <nigel@hp.com> wrote:
>>What is wrong with being a close ally with the US?
>
>Nothing per se. It's just a bad idea to blindly follow all that the US does
>particularly when they are embarked on some mad & illegal overseas war or when
>led by deluded or ignorant arch fundamentalist Christians.

We don't blindly follow but yes we are very close allies.

>Just remind me why the Australians are not close enough allies with the U to
>actually get involved in the Iraq fiasco or even send any troops. Perhaps the
>government realises that it is dangerous & illegal & could only possibly have
>been sanctioned by the UN. The bully-boy tactics of the remaining superpower
>acting as world policeman (excerpt if too many body bags come home in which case
>pull out quick like in Somalia) is revolting.

We did send troops and there are some remaining doing some training
and air traffic control work.

During the war itself we sent quite a few SAS troops who were heavily
in the action.

The pulling out of Somalia was by a Democrat president, not GWB. Their
intention was good in Somalia for all the credit it got them.

What about Yugoslavia ? If it wasn't for the US the genocide would
have gone on unpunished.

>>Better then relying on the Germans or French. They would sell WMD
>>making equipment to your worst enemy just to make a few bucks.
>
>I think that you will find that much of the equipment possessed by Iraq was sold
>to them by the US when they were of course best buddies with Saddam Hussein as
>he was the arch enemy of Iraq who at that time were hated enemies of the US. The
>principle that the enemy of my enemy is my friend is a dubious doctrine at the
>best of times. An excellent current example is being pals with the military
>junta in Pakistan who have given nuclear technology to all the pariah states of
>the world.

The French were doing it until just before the war, the last one.

>>And who would want to fight a war with the French leading it, they
>>haven't won one for 200 years,
>
>Who would want to fight a war at all except when absolutely necessary like for
>the defence of you country. Unlike this farcical 'war on terror' & attempt to
>impose liberal democracy in Iraq when the biggest buddies of the US in the
>Middle East (Saudi Arabia) is a feudal kingdom with zero democracy, oppression
>of women & a laughable 'legal' system with barbaric punishments. The war
>memorials in each French village (still deeply honoured each November) bear
>witness to the terrible price they paid in lives to defeat the German invaders
>particularly in 1914-1918.

Sure, and that is my point exactly

Appeasement is the worst thing you can do. It was true then it is
especially true now.

The fanatical Islamists hate the West because were are not islamic and
to them we are beneath contempt.

To not agree with the "war on terror " is to do nothing in the hope
that you will be attacked last. It is senseless stupidity.

>>Plus Australian culture closely mirrors the US and not Europe,
>
>I noticed that when I visited. A very good reason not to visit again. Mind you
>the wildlife & countryside is beautiful & luckily none of the people that I met
>held such crypto-fascit views as you.

So if I disagree with you I am a "crypto-fascit" ?

To hold views that those who simply disagree with you are like that
tells me more about you then me.

>>Plus we are discussing now not 200 years ago. BTW the Australian
>>aborigine is the most subsidised and looked after person in the land
>>and we still can't improve their lifestyle.
>
>Sounds like smug Aussie racism there. SUre with that get-up--&-go Can-do Aussie
>attitude you could do something for these poor black fellahs instead of
>condemning them to short lives of illness & alcoholism. Oh hang that's the
>Native Americans in the US as well.

We are doing plenty for the Aboriginals. They get preference in many
areas including health. I just admitted it does not seem to be
working.

Why is that racist ?

>>>Just remind me when was slavery abolished Stateside both legally & de facto?
>>>There were also disenfranchised black people until the 1960s.
>>
>>And Europe still tried to have an empire by force up until about the
>>same time.
>
>No, decolonisation was in full swing by the early 60s about the same time that
>people were being murdered in the Deep South of the US for supporting the vote
>for blacks. The world' largest democracy India achieved full independence in
>1948. Slavery was not abolished de jure in the US until after their last big
>genocide the American Civil War so that would be unlike the UK where it was
>about 1772.

That is what I said, "about the same time" 1920-1960's

>>>Doesn't Australia have a socialised state medical system along with all other
>>>civilised countries?
>>
>>We have a public (free) and private system which seems to have all the
>>benefits of the British with most of the benefits of the US system.
>>Australia is a great place to get sick if you are poor.
>
>Gosh that sounds exactly what we have in France the country that you hate so
>much. Generally private provision but public funding.

Many people hate the French, they are so smug when they have so little
to be smug about.

They are, for example, doing heroic things to try and keep their
language relevant when in reality it is as dead as a dodo. And watch
out any foreigner who tries to speak French in France and gets it
slightly wrong. They will chew you out for that.

BTW my criticism of Europe does not extend to the British. I think
they do a terrific job most of the time.

Sam
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 7, 2004 1:09:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On a sunny day (Thu, 06 May 2004 21:09:09 +1000) it happened Sam Richards
<me@privacy.net> wrote in <2fukmaF2fpp1U1@uni-berlin.de>:

>On Thu, 06 May 2004 09:31:56 GMT, Nigel Barker <nigel@hp.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 05 May 2004 20:20:41 +1000, Sam Richards <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>>
>>>On Wed, 05 May 2004 08:13:31 GMT, Nigel Barker <nigel@hp.com> wrote:
>>>What is wrong with being a close ally with the US?
>>
>>Nothing per se. It's just a bad idea to blindly follow all that the US does
>>particularly when they are embarked on some mad & illegal overseas war or when
>>led by deluded or ignorant arch fundamentalist Christians.
>
>We don't blindly follow but yes we are very close allies.
>
>>Just remind me why the Australians are not close enough allies with the U to
>>actually get involved in the Iraq fiasco or even send any troops. Perhaps the
>>government realises that it is dangerous & illegal & could only possibly have
>>been sanctioned by the UN. The bully-boy tactics of the remaining superpower
>>acting as world policeman (excerpt if too many body bags come home in which case
>>pull out quick like in Somalia) is revolting.
>
>We did send troops and there are some remaining doing some training
>and air traffic control work.
>
>During the war itself we sent quite a few SAS troops who were heavily
>in the action.
>
>The pulling out of Somalia was by a Democrat president, not GWB. Their
>intention was good in Somalia for all the credit it got them.
>
>What about Yugoslavia ? If it wasn't for the US the genocide would
>have gone on unpunished.
When Milosevic was testifying in the International Court ine The Hague,
he mentioned that one day Clinton took him apart and said to him:
'Why don't you kill a couple of thousand Muslims, so international
intervention is justified' (so US could move in and the weapon manufacturers
have some sales).
Why is the US so opposed and even bribing the UN to stop the war
criminal court in The Hague?
Because they themselves are the big ones.
JP
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 7, 2004 1:09:11 AM

Jan Panteltje wrote:

> On a sunny day (Thu, 06 May 2004 21:09:09 +1000) it happened Sam Richards
> <me@privacy.net> wrote in <2fukmaF2fpp1U1@uni-berlin.de>:

>>>Nothing per se. It's just a bad idea to blindly follow all that the US
>>>does particularly when they are embarked on some mad & illegal overseas
>>>war or when led by deluded or ignorant arch fundamentalist Christians.
>>
>>We don't blindly follow but yes we are very close allies.
>>
>>>Just remind me why the Australians are not close enough allies with the U
>>>to actually get involved in the Iraq fiasco or even send any troops.
>>>Perhaps the government realises that it is dangerous & illegal & could
>>>only possibly have been sanctioned by the UN. The bully-boy tactics of
>>>the remaining superpower acting as world policeman (excerpt if too many
>>>body bags come home in which case pull out quick like in Somalia) is
>>>revolting.
>>
>>We did send troops and there are some remaining doing some training
>>and air traffic control work.
>>
>>During the war itself we sent quite a few SAS troops who were heavily
>>in the action.
>>
>>The pulling out of Somalia was by a Democrat president, not GWB. Their
>>intention was good in Somalia for all the credit it got them.
>>
>>What about Yugoslavia ? If it wasn't for the US the genocide would
>>have gone on unpunished.
> When Milosevic was testifying in the International Court ine The Hague,
> he mentioned that one day Clinton took him apart and said to him:
> 'Why don't you kill a couple of thousand Muslims, so international
> intervention is justified' (so US could move in and the weapon
> manufacturers have some sales).
> Why is the US so opposed and even bribing the UN to stop the war
> criminal court in The Hague?
> Because they themselves are the big ones.

No, because we know that nitwits like you will be the ones running the court
and you'd find Mother Theresa guilty of war crimes if she was wearing an
American uniform instead of a nun's habit.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

By The way...who dropped an Atomic on Hiroshima ? That wasn't
Europe....right ?

"Brian {Hamilton Kelly}" <bhk@dsl.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Tuesday, in article
> <69ff90t9oplpgo79f898gu62bvtvkd4n9d@4ax.com> nigel@hp.com
> "Nigel Barker" wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 04 May 2004 22:24:36 +1000, Sam Richards <me@privacy.net> wrote:
> >

> > >And no, I am not from the USA.
> >
> > I realise that I shouldn't really rise to the such trolling but would
you
> > care to mention where you actually live & your nationality just so we
can get an
> > idea of where your misapprehensions arise? I'll start the ball rolling
by
> > letting you know that I'm British born & now live in France although I
am
> > actually in the UK writing this reply.
>
> Well, given that his
> would seem to place him in Australia, I wonder why you have to bother to
> ask?
>
> (Of course, he might be proxying through a subverted machine; in which
> case he could be anywhere in the world.)
>
> Oh, and he seems to have missed another big genocide, almost 100 years
> ago, in [Turkish] Armenia.
>
> --
> fix (vb.): 1. to paper over, obscure, hide from public view; 2. to
> work around, in a way that produces unintended consequences that are
> worse than the original problem. Usage: "Windows ME fixes many of the
> shortcomings of Windows 98 SE".

---
a b U Graphics card
May 7, 2004 7:42:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv.europe,rec.video.satellite.europe,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video,rec.video.cable-tv (More info?)

On a sunny day (Thu, 06 May 2004 15:29:08 -0400) it happened "J. Clarke"
<jclarke@nospam.invalid> wrote in <c7e3o001ki4@news3.newsguy.com>:

>>>The pulling out of Somalia was by a Democrat president, not GWB. Their
>>>intention was good in Somalia for all the credit it got them.
>>>
>>>What about Yugoslavia ? If it wasn't for the US the genocide would
>>>have gone on unpunished.
>> When Milosevic was testifying in the International Court ine The Hague,
>> he mentioned that one day Clinton took him apart and said to him:
>> 'Why don't you kill a couple of thousand Muslims, so international
>> intervention is justified' (so US could move in and the weapon
>> manufacturers have some sales).
>> Why is the US so opposed and even bribing the UN to stop the war
>> criminal court in The Hague?
>> Because they themselves are the big ones.
>
>No, because we know that nitwits like you will be the ones running the court
>and you'd find Mother Theresa guilty of war crimes if she was wearing an
>American uniform instead of a nun's habit.
>> JP
It is always such a clear sign of total imbecileness to start insulting
if you know you are wrong.
American uniforms, hehe, an insult to wear, and to do that to Mother Teresia
you must be a pervert.
Clear the cobwebs in the empty space where once was your mind.
BTW that is between your ears, not in the US propaganda folder.
Also, your CIA membership is now void.
Reason: Underperforming.
!